SEVEN

⇥✰⇤
Lovers Lake

"Mom, Mom," Will repeated the next morning as he put his hand on Joyce's shouter, yanking her out of her thoughts.

"I saw him," Will said to her as Joyce frowned her eyebrows.

"Saw who baby?" she asked him with a blink, flickering her eyes back to Mavis standing not too far away with Mike and Carrie behind her.

"Hopper, I think he's in trouble. I think he's going to die." Will said to his Mom as she blinked in shock.

"Is this where you saw him? Is this where you saw Hopper?" Joyce asked minutes later after Will finished scribbling down a picture. Mike and Mavis shared a look as they looked down at it.

"I think so." Will nodded as Carrie sat next to him and looked down at it.

"I've never seen this before," she said, confusing them because she and Will were usually always on the same page about these things.

"It's okay honey," Joyce told her with a comforting nod as she took the paper from Will and began running around the house to try and find the place it matched up to from Will's previous drawings.

"Joyce!" Mavis yelled as she saw a similar-looking photo.

"Here!" Mike added in as Joyce rushed to their side quickly.

"Okay, so Hopper is here," Joyce said as she pieced them together.

"Yeah, now we just have to find out where here is." Mike nodded along with her as the three looks at the drawings.

"Did Hopper say anything, like where he was going before he left?" Mavis asked the woman she looked up to most as Joyce sighed.

"Something about vines." Joyce nodded along as Mavis and Mike shared yet another look before a car pulling up caught their attention. Running to the window, they saw Bob getting out of his red car with a few things in hand.

"Hum, you draw all these yourself?" Bob asked moments later after Joyce brought him in to show him the drawing maps. Will nodded his head to his words.

"Why exactly?" the man asked again as Carrie looked over at Mavis, who kept a stern arm around her.

"I told you the rules, no questions." Joyce reminded him quickly.

"Can you help us?" Mavis spoke up now as the kind man turned back to her.

"Help with what, kiddo?" he questioned the girl he'd gotten to know slightly after she spend a lot of her time over at the Byers recently.

"We just need your help to figure out" Joyce began but realized the man wasn't following her through the house.

"Bob! Bob! Over here, where this is." Joyce said as she drew a large x on the places Will recently drew, indicating where Hopper was.

"That's the objective, find to x," Mike spoke up to him as the man nodded his way before looking down at the x again.

"Yeah? What's at the x, pirate treasure?" he laughed as Joyce gave a stern look.