TWO

⇥✰⇤
Lovers Lake

"Aren't we high enough?" Lucas asked as they continued to walk up the stairs. Mavis was nearly dying from the heat, the thin pink tank top doing her no good.

"Works best at hundred meters." Dustin said as Mavis groaned.

"We're not a a hundred meters?" she questioned, being ignored considering this was her third complaint in the last minute.

"You know, i'm pretty sure people in Utah have telephone." Max added in, trailing a bit infront of El and Mav.

"Yeah but Suzies morman." Dustin said as El gave Mavis a look.

"Are you?" she asked as Mavis shook her head.

"I don't think so." she shook her head back.

"Oh shit, she doesn't have electricity?" Lucas asked as Max rolled her eyes.

"That's the Amish." she corrected as Will frowned his eyebrows.

"What are morman?" he asked while looking to Mavis, who shrug her shoulders.

"Super religious white people." Dustin called out.

Mavis took a sip of the lemonade carton she'd taken along, "There on my moms side, that's why they're white. They pretty much disowned her when she married my dad just because he was black. They didn't start talking to her again until he got arrested. They wanted to adopt me when my mom went to jail but he nope, here I am"

"Lemonade?" Mavis asked El who grinned and took a gulp, not bothering to question why her girlfriend had a massive bottle of it.

"They have electricity in cars and stuff but since i'm not morman, her parents would never approve." Dustin said as Mavis chocked on a laugh.

"Hey! You're like the juliette in this situation." Mavis laughed as Dustin sent her a glare over his shoulder.

"I hate this heat, all I wanna do is jump into Lovers Lake with my lover and wear pink sunglasses." Mavis groaned as her legs began to burn from the walking up.

"I thought it was girlfriend? Why lover?" El asked as Mavis laughed.

"Yes it is girlfriend, lover is just another word for it." Mavis laughed while linking arms with the girl.

"This is fun and all but ugh-" Mike began from the back as he tapped his watch.

"I have to go home." Carrie said as Mavis gave her a look.

"No you don't." Will added in.

"Mom said so, sorry." Carrie said as they went to walk off before stopping when she heard Mavis scoff.

"Do you wanna say something Mavis?" Mike asked as Mavis rolled her eyes.

"Oh nothing honey, go along." Mavis said sarcastically with a glare as Mike rolled his eyes at her.

"Seriously Mavis? You're gonna be immature right now?" Carrie asked her with a annoyed look as Mavis rolled her eyes.

"Me? Immature? I'm not the one making up lies just to get out of hanging out with my friends." Mavis said as Carrie rolled her eyes at her and grabbed Mikes hand as they ran off.