TEN

⇥✰⇤
Trust me

"Feel okay?" Mavis asked as she watched El drink some the water from the cup in her kitchen. El shrugged as she turned her body to Mavis who frowned.

"I hate this, I want it to be over." Mavis groaned as El nodded.

"Me too, miss when it was just us." El said as Mavis laughed and nodded.

"Lovers lake, movie night, sleepovers, going to the diner barely anyone goes to, I miss those days too." Mavis said while she hugged El, resting her head in the crock of her neck.

"Me too, Mav." El spoke as she rubbed the back of her head slightly before she stopped completely and her body became tense.

"Babe? What's wrong?" Mavis asked as she pulled away from El and followed her gaze, seeing she was looking at the lucky charms box. Grabbing Mav's hand, she drug her into the living room with the others.

"Billy knows it, Billy's been there. To the source." El informed Nancy as Mavis trailed behind her.

"Yeah but-" Mike began but was cut off.

"It's a trap, I know. We can't go to Billy, but I think there's another way." El spoke as Mike and Mavis shared a worried look.

"Babe, hey. I know you feel like you have to do this, but you don't. Listen, i'm all for you make your own decisions, I want you to even. But this is dangerous and i'm worried. You've only done this before once, and your Mom loved you and wanted you to know what happened. Billy's mind is infected and sick, the mindflayer is in him." Mavis spoke as El turned to her, the two ignoring Max who rolled her eyes at them.

"He can't hurt me, not in there." El spoke to Mavis softly with a shake of her head.

"We're not completely sure about that yet." Mavis said with a shake of her head as El turned and grabbed the sides of her face.

"I need you to trust me." El spoke to her as her light brown eyes stared back into Mavis's hazel ones.

"I do, just please be careful." Mavis said as El leaned her forehead against hers with a nod.

"I will." she promised her and pressed a tiny kiss to her nose before Mavis took a seat between Carrie and Will, taking the Byers boys hand in hers.

They all watched intensely as El tied the blind fold around her eyes, watching her every move in case they needed to get her out of there quickly. She was okay for a while, before her breathing became heavy. Mavis shot out of her spot and went to her side, Mike not far behind her.

"El? El, it's okay. Just breath, i'm right here. Mike and I are right here." Mavis spoke to her softly as Mav and Mike both took one of her hands.

"Eleven, are you okay?" Mike asked after El went silent.

"I'm okay." she said, her voice weak and sad. Mavis hates this, she hated seeing her like this. Rubbing her thumb on the top of her hand she felt El grip it back.

"I'm on a beach." she informed then as the two shared a odd look.

"I may be dense, but last time I checked Hawkins doesn't have beaches." Lucas spoke up as he looked to his sister, who nodded.