EIGHT

⇥✰⇤
That got dark fast.

"I found him." El said as she kept the blind fold over her eyes the next morning, the static of Mikes walkie next to her.

"Where is he?" Max asked her, watching closer from were she sat next to Carrie.

"Woods, he's with Will and Carries Mom."

"My Mom?"

"What are they doing?"

"I'll-anno." El tried to say, coming out odd.

"Mike! Breakfast!" Karen shouted from upstairs, getting shouted back at by Mike.

"Illinois? Like the state?" Mavis asked her as El took the blindfold off with a shrug.

"Illino." she simply repeated as the girls lead her to the bathroom.

"Ugh, I can't stand blood." Carrie commented as she watched Mavis wipe the blood from under El's nose, watching as she touched the bruise on her neck.

"Does it hurt still?" Mavis asked her worried as El turned to her with a blink.

"Only when I talk." El informed her as Mavis nodded with a frown, Max jumping in quickly.

"Well it's a good thing you aren't Mike, blah blah blah." Max commented, making them laugh as Carrie frowned slightly.

"Come on, Car Bear. If you miss him so much why don't you just make up?" Mavis asked as she bumped her shoulder some as the girl sighed.

"Because he needs to realize he was wrong, not me." Carrie said as Mavis nodded.

"But if you miss him..." she trailed off, "I mean I know it sucks not having your lover around you all the time."

"Do whatever feels right." Max said to her as she swung a arm around the slightly shorter girl as Carrie nodded with another frown.

"It was the same thing, the exact same thing that happened to Will and Carrie last year. And look at this, look at the body temperatures." Nancy said later that evening as she showing the party Mrs.Driscals vitals.

"Okay so this crazy old woman who was eating fertilizer-"

"Mrs.Driscal."

"Right, Mrs.Driscal. What time did the attack happen?"

"Last night."

"Right but what time last night?"

"Around nine."

"You waited all night to call?"

"I was waiting for the doctors to run some test."

"You weren't there?"

"Well i'm here now, aren't I?"

"Hallelujah."

"Oof."

"So what time was your sauna test?" Nancy asked, getting the awkward tension off her and Jonathan.

"Around nine." the whole party said.