chapter 7 them

"whats the deal about the completing-the-mating-bond thing with you werewolves?" shane asked the day after over breakfast

"whats the deal about the completing-the-mating-bond thing with you werewolves?" shane asked the day after over breakfast. though they did nothing last night but to talk and little smooch here and there, ethan was content about this approach about getting to know each other first before jumping into mating.

"well..." ethan struggled to finish his mouthful of cereals in order to avoid being rude. "umn... how could i explain this... wait," he drank half the glass of water given to him by cade before he, too, sat opposite of him. "umn... well, when a wolf turned eighteen, they supposed to meet their fated mate. in our family my older brother met his 3 years after and his twin soon after she turned 18. our elders say that fated mates are rare but my mom, which is male by birth by the way, met his and dispelled the rarety belief on it. so, you could recognize them by their true scent. not just any scent though. its their unique scent much like the uniqueness of every individual. no two are alike, even in twins like the both of you. what did others say you smelled like?"

"some specie say we smelled sickly sweet, others too icky to describe

"some specie say we smelled sickly sweet, others too icky to describe." shane said as a matter of fact making cade nod in agreement while sipping his black coffee mix with their usual drink.

"well for me shane smelled like french fries and vanilla, while cade smelled like french fries too but paired up with chocolate. i wonder how i smelled like to the both of you?"

"well for our kind its not like yours persay but yes, you smelled unique - honey and oranges to be exact. aside from the smell, we also senses it. whenever youre near, our whole body reacts to you. like what we had said last night, youre our life bringer, the singer of our entire being. you make us alive almost human like. in our eternal life, we only have 1 and for the both of us, its you." shane explained and cade nods again in agreement. is he mute or what? apparently not since last night ethan got 2 or 3 full sentences out of him. but its really getting annoying on ethans part.

"we do, too, only once. but the moon goddess may give a second one under her discretion. its a real rarety in its finest. a wolf with a sec9nd chance would be so lucky. dont you have second chances too?"

"it seems not, dear one. our foster father didnt got any second chance after our mother died and most likely will not. i didnt heard any vampires having a second one. a lot of flings here and there but not true ones. we could only fall in love with our singer. maybe its the curse of having an immortal life." cade finally uttered.

"well, back to topic then

"well, back to topic then. so, what comes after the meeting?" shane lifted up the atmosphere.

"after meeting, well couples could opt for maybe date first to get to know each other and not be succumbed entirely by the will of the goddess right then and there. and some couples do tend to complete the bond by biting each other on the nape and consummate the bond." ethan flushed at that. he cannot believe hes teaching mating 101 to these vampires. not that he complaining about it. its just so uncomfortable talking about this outloud when all the wolf community knows about it and need not to discuss it let alone over breakfast.

"consummate?" shane asked shamelessly. he knows what it is he just love seeing ethans reaction.

"sex, dude. chill. us wolves tend to loose ourselves during the process and was overridden by our wolves and drive to mate and breed." ethan eyed shane taking his reaction since he knows he is making fun of. "especially omegas."

"omegas? what about them?" cade said non-chalantly. dont they have work? theyre taking too much time asking questions.

"omegas, mostly paired with alphas, can only be mated during their heats and they tend to get pregnant soon after." ethan again blushed.

"heats?" shane asked now clueless.

"yeah, all omegas have it. it just varies from genders. females got it monthly but males mostly got it every two months at the latest."

"w-wait, wait, wait... back up a little bit. you said omegas tend to get pregnant after their heats and mating but then you said there are also male omegas that can go into heat. are you saying male omegas can also get pregnant?" shane deliberately scrunched up his eyebrows in disbelief.

"y-yes. why? can any of your kinds aside from women can bare a child?" ethan said awkwardly.

"no, only females can. us vampires, male or female, cant have a child biologically within our kind unless we are paired with our true mate or our singer at that." shane explained.

"are you sure, dear one? may i ask then, are you an omega ethan?" cade asked now interested.

shane also fixed his gaze on ethan as well. hoping he is one. if he is, he and cade will again regain the dream that they never hoped for will come again on their immortal life.

ethan looked the both of them wondering if he would like his subgender this early but then again, theyre his mates. they deserve to know what theyre up against. he just hopes that they will help him during his heats because its drawing near... its the day after tomorrow.

"i am."