chapter 26 ethan

9th month of ethan

"hey, than. hows my baby?" my mom asked as he approached me from the doorway of our penthouse. hes been with me every other day ever since i entered my 8th month.

after my last ultrasound on my 7th month, we found out that nat's heir is a boy and my other one is still a surprise for us. the ultrasound still cant penetrate the sac surrounding him. and that's really my concern. never mind the gender, its my babys health that im worried about. my mom said not to panic or stress out about it since he can feel that the baby is fine but you cant blame me for being that concerned about my babys condition. we can hear the heartbeat just fine but thats about it.

now, that my final month is up. im so stressed out. i know i shouldnt but the fear of the unknown is real. my moms been berating me about it what can i do? i know hes been through this twice but i cant compare myself to him. hes strong. even by omega standards after he was awakened when he and dad accepted and mated, hes by far a stronger version of himself.

im not.

im smaller than him.

im leaner than him.

im not blessed by the moon.

im no one.

im nothing compared to anyone.

"ethan! whatever you are thinking, its not true. i may not hear your thoughts but i know that face and that sighs." he said as he taps my knee.

"im just so nervous and worried, pa." i said caressing my bump thats portruding beyond me. i cant even see my feet when im on it. right now that i am lounging here at the sofa with a plate of sour mangoes with fish paste on my big belly as my table with an occassional tumble whenever the twins move, its nearly on my eye level.

"thats normal but you should not put yourself down. just know that youre not me and youre you. i had my strengths and you have yours. i know when youre a kid that you always compare yourself with your siblings. you may not talk to me about it that much but know that you are your own person, than. whatever you are thinking, know that youre not weak, son. you have 2 vampire mates to prove that and your skills always saves your family, your dad especially." he chuckled at that. i want to hug him full on but i cant move that much. i reached out for him and he obliged as he wrapped his arms around me.

"thanks so much for being with me, papa. you cant imagine how i loathed myself for being weak, pa. im not an alpha like lex and im not chosen by the moon goddess to be her heir. im always compared to them whenever we were on gatherings and its bothering me a lot. im only approached if they could get themselves to be able to talk to you or dad. my fascination with hacking saved me from breaking down pa, did you know that?"

"really?" he wiped a stray tear from my face.

"yeah, it takes my mind off from the pain i felt whenever i remember what people think of me."

"better that than you going to dangerous paths."

"well... i dont know if you knew but... i... actually did?" due to all my nervousness it ended up as a question. i dont know whats happening to me right now but i just thought that if i dont tell him about my past escapades, i may not ever tell him and it will just weigh on my heart.

"WHAT! ETHAN GREY, what did you do?" he fell back from me wide eyed.

"umn... please dont be angry... its all in the past anyway." he looked at me as if hes going to tackle me if it were not for my big belly.

"you know that ive been good with computers, right pa?" he nodded in reply.

"ive been booked for some hacking and missions by both the mafia and the government." he inhaled a good amount of air before i closed my eyes over a mouthful of mangoes because i know that hes going to blow. based on what i saw whenever he gets mad at lex, this is not going to be good.