chapter 28 shane

its been three days after ethans c-section and hes been in coma ever since. the doctors cant find any wrong with him scientifically but me and my brother knew whats happening to him. hes undergoing his transition. hes a bit tame for his transformation and we dont know if did something wrong or maybe we did something right. were so confused right now.

ethans parents came to visit yesterday and they seemed to calm despite what their sons been through. we did expect lashing and blaming but all they did was tapped our backs and told us that hes okay. like, what else? what's happening? why is he still unconscious? our kids remain unnamed because we want ethan to be with us to name them as what we had agreed on.

as i watch my beloved on this hospital bed with all his wires to monitor his heart beat and his other vitals, i cant help a tear fall down from my face. ethans mom, his papa is currently with us. hes still so well composed and unnerved. his hand rubbed ethans open palms as if hes caressing his son so lovingly.

"do you both know about our lineage?" gulf said head bowed on ethans hand.

"the fact that your family are part god?" i asked

"i am a direct descendant of our goddess... our moon goddess. my mate being my mate and part of who i am, he became one too and so does our children. were of royalty, so to speak, of our kind. were the only ones in our community who have wolves in us and can fully transform. others have the wolf trait but never could be totally one. that's why even our kind fears us. ethan being the smallest out of all of my children became the most noticeable one whenever were on public eye. our society might revere us but theres still some who bullies him. he stood strong out of all that and became his own person. so strong both mentally, although he denies that, and physically. do you think he would survive all the missions that he had said he did if he were weak as he claimed he is? i dont think so. now that he got tangled up on you both as his mates, as vampires, and him being a part of the goddess, hell be someone we could no longer hold in our hands. hell be what he truly is. if this is what our dear goddess has in mind for ethan to balance our world, and so be it. Mew knows this as well thats why we cant be angry to the both of you. just be with him through all this, will you? i dont know how long me and my mate will be around to protect our family but at least i know that this family of ours is strong and will still be in the far future."

gulf sighed as if relieved of whatever burden that he was in. scratch that. it was never a burden but the worry that he has over his children. hes a part god alright but he was also a being of this world that still craves for his familys safety and love.

"hes alright." he continued as he stood up.

"hell wake up soon enough but try to understand him if he gets a little bit disoriented of what he is." he slowly walking towards the door.

"i'll be going now, murens been having trouble with alexander again and natty will be planning to have a party for sure to celebrate her heir. ill be here the day after tomorrow. good day." with that he exits the door but as i closed the door behind him, i could not longer see his back anywhere on the floor. damn, gods!

"shane..." i looked back towards cade who was now clutching his phone on his hand as if he was just talking to someone. "i need to go back to hq to zip up the techno issue and search for someone who is more capable than him to be our assistant. there are a couple of bosses from the eastern territories that i need to meet up to finish up our shipping deal. ill be back later tonight." he tapped my back as if to tell me to take care of our singer.

"sure. ill visit the kids in the nursery and see you off. im sure ethan will be fine for just a few minutes and the guards will be here just in case." i said picking up my phone and wallet. i want to have some food here just in case ethan wake up. buying something personally is not me but what can i do? this is for our precious one, sue me.