chapter 17 them

a few weeks passed, the incident at the safe house was all but concluded as a warning from one of their so called rivals. security for ethan got doubled because of that. mafia wars are not to be taken lightly, as shane had said to him when they knew what was happening.

lounging in the large bath after he showered, he felt all the aching spots in his body. closing his eyes, he savoured the sensation the warm water and the occasional bubbles passed through his exposed leg, arms and chest.

this is heaven, jef.

how ironic considering you have 2 vampire devils as mates.

dont you like them? you so sounded bitter at them.

no, its not like that. im just wondering if what its like to have a wolf as a mate. i guess... i'm lonely?

wow! youre just saying that just now after months that we are with them.

you know that i'm weak ethan. i can sometimes feel like im just a temporary wolf for you. only here just to strengthen you until you meet your mates.

how can you say that, jef. weve been through thick and thin together.

thats just it, than. ive been with you through your ups and downs since you didnt find your mates yet. i wouldnt even be surprised if i just fade away from your consciousness.

yeah, right. have you ever heard of a werewolf without his wolf? that would never happen, jef.

youll never know, than.

as jefte descended back into the back of his mind, ethan wondered whats wrong with his wolf. he knew that his wolf is not that strong physically but what the hell, mentally, too? he thought about all the insults and bullying that theyve been through the past years together, never his wolf been this emo on him. thinking about it, its ethan whos been debating on his wolf to be positive all those times. hes been honing his coding skills ever since he knew could not fight back on his own and taking revenge for both of them. nonetheless, his wolf was absurd to think that he could ever fade away from him. what the hell would you call a werewolf without his wolf anyway?

feeling the water getting cold, ethan rinsed off. wanting to be around his mates scent, he opted to have shanes dress of a shirt draped him and cades shirt for him to cuddle with. hes starting to get clingy. maybe his heat is coming.

he was about to open the door adjoining the walk.in closet to their bedroom when he heard clattering and murmurs.

"...shower. he takes it long."

"shirt"

"scent"

"what?"

who has the gall to raid their bedroom like this? didnt techno upped the security in this area? one voice seems so familiar he could not put his finger on it but the other two - a female and a male, he could not recognize anywhere.

being in the closet for far too long, ethan got a bit light headed and accidentally side stepped an ornate metal box beneath him. it was cades. whats inside? he would not dare to know.

 whats inside? he would not dare to know