chapter 29 ethan

i want to wake up.

my kids need me.

my mates awaits me.

as my will to live overcomes the darkness that surrounded me. i could hear murmuring.

"hes alright." thats my papa. i assume hes getting up due to the rustling of clothes as he stood up.

"hell wake up soon enough ... if he gets a little bit disorient... he is." im slipping. oh no. i dont want to sleep again. i could hear his light footsteps.

"i'll be... been having trouble with alexander again and natty will be... party for sure to celebrate her heir. ill be here the day after... day." no, no, no. i dont want to go under again.

"sure. ill visit the kids in the nursery and see you off. im sure ethan... fine for just a few minutes and the guards will be here just....." i feel so heavy. i heard shane. cade maybe here too. i want to see them but my stupid body wont listen to me.

then i heard nothing.

im alone again.

i willed my hand to feel, to move and scratch the surface beneath my fingers.

YES!

there, i can feel the smooth fabric.

i smell a light stench of alcohol. typical hospital smell. dysinfectant too.

its a bit light through my eyelids so i assume ots already daylight.

for what seemed like a few minutes, i heard murmuring just outside the room due to a bit of a muffled sound. then, a door opening. im so sure that its this rooms door that was opened since a new smell came in.

its unfamiliar but not unknown.

hes a vampire.

he.

its a man due to his heavy footsteps.

i felt him approached the bed near my left hand.

then

he just stood there.

creepy much.

now i know, hes no doctor.

i peeked my eyes open a bit. i can feel him checking me out. if im not bound to this bed maybe i barfed right there and then.

hes wearing a white lab coat, typical to doctors and he clutched maybe 4 or 5 metal file, is it?

i was about to drift off again but then i heard a creaking sound. no, its not from my bed. its from him.

i peeked again through a small slit from my eyes, there i saw him fold a metal cover to a triangle and fondled it.

"say hello to your maker, mutt" at that, adrenaline rushed through my system.

all the drag that i felt before - long gone.

its as if im so light as i stood up on the bed clutching the bastard on his neck.

i could feel the rush of his damned blood from his neck, the silence of his heart, i knew then that he was without a singer and i could feel his struggle as he try to pry my hand out from his neck.

"im sorry to disappoint you but im no mutt, bloodsucker."

as soon as i uttered those words his eyes grew as he took the sight of me. of what i looked like, i dont know but i can feel the surge of power from my very core. now its not just the adrenaline, its all me. i can feel both hot and cold blood thats running through my veins. the strength on my outstretched hand clasping the bastard neck never waned. i was about to let go of him but he just started to gargle a laugh.