I Will Die Soon - Chapter 2

London. The capital city of England of the United Kingdom.

It was a great big city. Many schools and colleges, several stores, malls, the notorious underground, but also being the London home of Her Majesty.

A very busy city, rowed buildings of brick or concrete, lots of metal fences, streets with traffic and pedestrians walking around. A bit of smog was not uncommon.

But people enjoyed their time here.

Shops and malls nearly around every corner. Many fun activities and relaxing spots.

A light grey overcast just above the smog of the streets, the people's breath being about visible. Word had spread that in no less than a couple hours, it would snow.

People were thrilled to hear that, though a particular person didn't enjoy those news before he had gone for a few hours rest.

And speaking of this particular person...

Although there's a rich environment, there are some places people knew not to go. For instance, the more "freakish" and "deep dark" areas of the city.

Obviously the underground was a place where no-one wanted to go... but they would have to for getting around the city.

Jokes aside though, there were unfortunately the rural areas of London. 

And recently there's been a few empty streets due to a suspect or a few continuously running around and hiding around with a gun. Leftovers of... what had happened a few years ago.

The police have never been able to catch the suspect... or suspects... even if they lockdown an entire block or section of the city.

There were some that wished to help them, but feared from the trust and shady behaviors.

Within the gloomy and dark alleys... under the cover of rotting cardboard and metal grates and sheets, a shadows was lurking within.

Bloodshot eyes opened wide, then fluttering rapidly. The large figure sat up and looked around repeatedly, looking for the disturbance that had awoken him.

He was breathing hoarsely and heavily, in a relieving way when he found out it was just a few rats crawling around the skips and bins.

His eyes looked down when he felt it. His hands, shaking. They were shaking uncontrollably before his foot started bouncing, so he gritted his teeth and beared it, as this usually helped his focus.

Eventually they finally came to an ease, and stopped shaking. He took in a deep breathe and exhaled, "It's over," he told himself.

He let out a groan and brushed his hair out of the way of his eyes, trying to push it up into his beanie. His nearly black finger scratching his poorly treated beard as he eyed outward of the valley, looking at the streets and its above to see if anything's new.

"Bloody hell," he muttered bitterly before cursing the passing pedestrians that spoke of their excitement for the coming snow.

The sky had gotten slightly whiter and his breaths were more visible.

"Bloody hell," he uttered once more, thinking about the snow storm that one couple were chatting about.

His painful eyes looked over to the tin can that was lying on its side. He cursed himself as he picked up and realized that only a few pence were dropped in while he was asleep.

"Still 25 pounds away from what I need," he face palmed at first but ended up rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, smudging the muck on his face even more as well.