Warm - Chapter 17

Despite it being midnight and that the now-discovered war veteran was not awake, Hermione insisted on at least seeing him.

She was assisted by the nurse and was lead to his room, walking in silently and upon his curtain.

Monitors and machines surrounded the ginger, his vital packs at a steady.

The staff caring for Ron let her through to stand before him, she looked over his body and saw the two wounded areas where the officers must've shot him.

His eyes were shut peacefully and his ginger bangs were swept to the side, showing more of his pale freckled face.

Hermione stood there with a face full of sorrow.

"Fortunately the bullets were easily removed and the bleeding was manageable, no life-threatening possibilities," one of the staff reported as they pull up the bedsheet cover over him.

She still stood there, leaning over him and eyeing his chest under the blanket that slowly expanded and contracting, I should've stayed home.

"We are expecting him to wake up at least before noon. For now, he should rest," the assistant said and looked over Hermione's tired state, "you as well, Miss..."

"I'm fine, I want to stay here with him," she declared.

"I'm sorry but you are a patient under our care and you still need rest for your body to fully recover. Mr. Hodgins?" the assistant called over her nurse.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Granger... but you will be able to see him after you get some rest," he gently pulled Hermione away from Ron's bedside.

The bushy-haired woman knew she couldn't fight against the hospital staff, so she let herself get pulled away, farther and farther away from Ron.

Shortly after she found herself lying down in her bed, staring right up at the ceiling like she when she woke up.

As she stared at the material, it started getting extremely blurry and slivery until she realized she was tearing up again.

Hermione wiped away the tears in her eyes, only for them to be replaced again.

She wasn't sobbing, crying out, or anything... just tears.

"Hermione... you let me get shot," a man suddenly spoke out of the silence.

She jumped up in bed and looked to her side immediately, she saw Ron standing there.

"R-Ron?!" she gasped.

"Hermione, you left me alone," he cried.

"Ron, I'm truly sorry!" Hermione tried to push herself out of her bed, but it felt like all her willpower had just left her.

"Hermione, how fucking could you?!" Ron raised his voice as his face grew more painful.

The woman just sat there with tears streaming down her face, "Please! I'm sorry!" she sobbed out several apologies.

"You left me alone... I was about to die!" his fists gripped but suddenly something else turned her attention.

Blood was now dripping down his hands, her eyes scanned up and saw that his wounds were bleeding through.

Hermione gasped and started to get up, "Ron! You're bleeding-"

"This is how you fucking want it, huh? You want me to die and get out of your life!?" his face was no longer Ron's... just... darkness.

Gunshots rang out again, piercing her ears and making her shriek and duck to cover herself.

"GET DOWN!" a shout yelled.