Time Flies - Chapter 14

Things have settled with Ron, he was able to peacefully recover and get back into reality.

He apologized several times for his moments of suffering, feeling shame for making an embarrassment out of himself in front of her about his trauma.

Hermione was entirely okay with it, of course, she wants to help him...

A little while after, Hermione had returned to making the dessert.

As she finished up with pouring the jello mix into cups and storing them in the fridge, Ron was washing and putting away the dishes and utensils, insisting on helping around, and also Hermione saw that this was another way to distract his mind a bit from earlier.

It was funny to her when she noticed Ron pretty much mouth watering at the cups of jelly that she poured, and when she placed them in the fridge he watched eagerly from with droll.

His crystal-blue eyes glaring at the bright red jelly, he could literally kill it in terms of devouring it from the looks of his expression.

"Now we wait," Hermione said, taking him out of his trance of drooling.

"Riiight," he crossed his arms like a child.

Hermione walked over to the armchair in the sitting room with a book in hand. She sat curled up in it and immediately started reading.

Ron followed after and sat on his makeshift bed, hanging his head a little but facing toward her.

His eyes looked over Hermione, and his mind still came to the question of why she wanted to help him... as well as... why her name seemed familiar.

"So... we're going shopping for clothes tomorrow?" he said.

"Yes, and maybe for other things like an air mattress," Hermione answered, not taking her eyes off from the book.

"Are you really fine with the money being used on me? Cuz the food I think already looked like it costs around 100 pounds," Ron said, still looking at her.

"Like I said, it's fine, I'm willing to go into my budget for you. It's for the greater good," she replied, still reading.

"The greater good?" he mumbled and Hermione just hummed in response.

Then there was a bit of awkward silence between the two, besides the radiator clanking, he just sat there looking around aimlessly.

"Is... the jelly done?" Ron asked.

"It's only been three minutes, Ron," Hermione glanced at the clock, "if you're still hungry, you can grab yourself a snack, after all I did buy lots of food."

"Well I kinda want just jelly right now," he laughed and went toward the kitchen.

~

The new day had begun with a lightly cloudiness and cool temperature.

Hermione stepped out of her flat and pulled the door closed behind her and looked out at the street.

"Can you tell me again how many clothes shop there are?" the ginger stood tall next to her, scratching his head as he looked out as well.

"I've already told you five times, Ron... and I only mentioned the bigger franchises. Matalan, John Lewis, Next,  H&M, or Marks & Spencer," Hermione said and started walking down the steps.

"And you're saying that that's only a few out of hundreds?" he was befuddled as he followed after her, Why need so many stores for clothes?

As he followed down the stairs behind her, he couldn't help but look at her clothes... he wasn't really- checking- her out but just looking at her clothes.