Seeing Those Eyes - Chapter 3

She was a little bit disappointed when she found out that she had to come in for work, but at the same time she was expecting to come in when it was only the first day for snowfall.

The city was in a nice blanket of snow, the snow spiraling as it came down lightly at a steady speed. But it did not stop her work.

After sitting at the register for a little while and helping one customer, she remembered the basket that had fully-scanned returned books.

She sat up from the counter and went to move the basket of books around the shelves, putting them back where they belong and also reorganizing the books that were a little messed up with.

Hermione's job was part-time in her local area library and bookstore. Of course for having the greatest passion for books, she would work there.

Not only is the place filled with books, but people know to be quiet there. And by some luck of the world... not many people go to the library which would let Hermione still get some alone and silent time.

On a regular day on her shift, she would meet maybe about 12 customers. Busiest time would be a bit more than 20 only because of the children and their families. College students weren't expected because they're spending their time in their college's library obviously or elsewhere partying instead of studying.

The bookshop had a old-fashioned library style to it. It was a somewhat large hall with a second floor that had a railing for the opening in the middle, multiple rows of shelves stacked upon each other.

A spiral staircase that lead up to that second floor, holding a very loud metal rail.

The windows only being at the front of the library, but the large chandeliers and electronic candles lit up in line of the shelves.

Armchairs sat in sections of the bookshop, a few tables every now. The front counter with its register is of course where you would check out and all.

There was the box computer in the corner, only being used for the profiles of the customers and to check their holding books. Hermione doesn't like this technology much, but if it get's the job done then fine with her.

There was also a small TV above the front counter in the corner. It was always on mute but on the BBC news channel just in case something would happen.

And it happened to be so...

After Hermione fixed up the fantasy section and putting the Fantastic Beasts books in order, she saw that on the news there were some frightening news.

She read the captions "Suspect on the rise. Last seen Stratford Shopping Centre. Manhunt operation beginning."

Hermione quickly walked over and switched the volume on.

The anchor spoke, "Reports of the famous running robber are running by once again. It has been revealed the suspect carries a firearm. This was an unfortunate shooting, but fortunately led to no fatalities and the victim is to be recovered soon. The event happened in East London nearby the Stratford Shopping Centre, the suspect, still unknown, is managing to evade authorities and hide their identity."

"Word spreads around of the Metropolitan Police Service's special branch, the Auror Office, having to be in contact with the British Army and their special ops force, Order of the Phoenix, as there are links to the suspect being apart of the war," they said.

Hermione let out a defeated sigh as she once again heard of a similar event from this suspect, Why must one be so cruel? I'm sorry for those who had been hurt.

She let out another sigh but this time shakily, Quite nerving that they're getting near this area... but hopefully they're captured by the police soon.