Back To "Normal" - Chapter 13

"I should've bought an air mattress, so much for preparing for everything," Hermione face palmed as she looked down at the sofa.

"Look, it's fine, all right? I already told ya this is comfortable," Ron brought the sheets over, unfolding and laying it across, "and... you really didn't need to buy extra blankets or pillows."

"Where ya gonna put all this stuff when I'm gone?" he chuckled as he fluffed up the pillow, sitting down whilst doing so.

Hermione had gone through the shopping bags, sorting out all the groceries and resources for Ron, "I... I didn't think about that part," she stared at the frozen foods in her hand, thinking deeply.

"Which part?" Ron questioned aloud.

"Y... y-you leaving," she answered honestly and the ginger man just kept quiet in response.

"Y-you like strawberry jelly?! Right?!" Hermione quickly changed the subjects to ignore the feeling impending on her chest, and to wave off the thoughts of her being unprepared for him in the end.

She was too busy thinking about what subject to change to that she didn't even notice that Ron had walked up and was standing right next to her, "Yeah!"

Hermione was frightened a little with a little jump, Ron just chuckled and gave a small apology as he started helping her with the groceries.

He couldn't help but notice that a majority of the foods were frozen heavy foods... and how could he complain? That was his favourite kind of stuff.

But... she really did went out of her way for this? Using her own money... and I just bloody used what she gave me... on some cigarettes and some beer...

There must be a reason why she wants me around, but for now I'll... I'll let it be.

He looked over his shoulder and down at Hermione, who looked back at him in return and gave a gentle small smile... one which made his heart feel very alive, "Thank you, Her-"

"Stop thanking me so much, that's the 14th time you've given your gratitude in the last half an hour," the bushy-haired librarian waved him off.

"What? You keep count?" Ron snickered.

"N-no, it's just that my mind keeps count of things mentally..." she shook her head.

Once again she had to push the subject to something else, her eyes had quickly glanced at the clock before going to the freezer, "What would you like to eat?"

"Ah, bloody everything I wish," he chuckled but then went into a serious tone surprisingly quick, "um... I dunno, whatever you fancy."

"Please, as a guest you may choose," Hermione offered, "I'm okay with anything, Ron."

"Let's go simple with some pizza, how 'bout that?" he shrugged and quickly she went with popping a frozen pizza into the oven.

Hermione turned toward the kettle, filling it up with water, "Tea?"

Ron nodded his head as he walked over to the sofa, prepping his bed a bit more.

He was putting away his belongings and making sure nothing would be stained or get dirty, but before he zipped up his backpack he was holding his bag of toiletries.

Ron stared at them and then at the bathroom door, until he realized the bag he was holding had started shaking.

Hermione noticed that he was conflicting with himself on going to the bathroom, which was quite strange, after all she did say that he should make himself at home...

This is... home for now... right?

"Ron," she spoke up, making him jump a little on the sofa, "a... are you okay? You seem worried," her eyes searched around him.