Seeing Him For The Last Time - Chapter 9

Her eyes cracked open at the sound of floorboards creaking, and it wasn't the wood from the flat upstairs, next to her, or downstairs.

It was right outside her bedroom door.

What's he doing at this time? her eyes glanced at the clock on her bedside drawer and saw it wasn't even her time to get up which was six o'clock.

She shut her eyes tight and stretched out her arms and legs in bed before sitting up.

She faced toward the door and heard zippers.

Hermione got her feet onto the carpet and walked toward the door, leaning her ear against it, hoping she wouldn't open up on him dressing up half-naked.

She continue to stand there a bit longer, waiting for a cue that she could safely open the door, but the sounds of just ruffling fabric and material made her worry that he was doing something bad.

Hermione tried to not assume he was preparing materials for a bomb or even the making of drugs, but her curiosity got the best of her.

She knocked on her own door lightly before opening up.

The sounds of everything but the radiator stopped.

Hermione peeked her head around the edge of her door, peering down one hallway before the other.

There she saw Ron all dressed up like he was when he walked into the flat for the first time. Only this time nearly everything he had looked cleaner than before.

He was sorting out things in his backpack, everything of his was in his backpack, he made a noise of acknowledgement when he saw Hermione.

She quickly walked out and over to him, "What are you doing?" she asked.

"G'morning," he gruffly greeted, "I've packed, you see?"

"I see you've packed," Hermione witted back, her eyes not breaking away from Ron's face to look at his backpack.

"I mean... what are you doing at this time? What are you doing right now?" she questioned.

"I'm get- wait... hold on," he stopped his words as he looked at her in confusion, "it sounds like... you're about to ask me on a bloody date-"

Hermione jaw dropped and she shook her head, resisting the urge to hit him right in the shoulder, "Excuse me? No! It does not-"

She stopped and thought about her word usage and realized where he got the assumption, The arrangement does sound like asking out on a date... gosh, that's what HE'S thinking?!

"Shut up," she said even though she needed his answer, "why are you up and getting ready to leave?" she reworded her question.

Ron couldn't help but let out a chuckle at her little moment of embarrassment, but then he focused back to her question, "Thought today was my day to leave, isn't it?"

Hermione looked at the window for the snow, but the curtains were closed, "It's still early! I doubt the snow plowers have yet to even brush their teeth."

"'s fine... I can handle a bit of tall snow," Ron mumbled as he continued to go through his backpack.

"Hey, you can't leave right now," Hermione said. The conversation now reminding her of their first conversation when he slept here for the first time.

He let out a somewhat-disappointed sigh, "Storm's over, you want me out, right? 's all you wanted. That was the deal, right? We never see each other again from today."

"What?" Hermione replied.

"I see you and your bloody vacuum, rubber gloves, and cloths, and all that bleach crap," he grunted.