Fifteen

A/N: Song recommendation: UNSECRET- VENDETTA (feat. KRIGARÈ)

3 months later

Bucky had spent the last few months finding himself and letting the past rest.

He meditated every night before going to bed, went for a walk at least once a day, tried to eat healthy and also had a weekly session with a psychologist.

Whether he did this voluntarily? Hardly, they were conditions he had to fulfill in order to keep up the pardon he had received for all his crimes and to be allowed to participate in missions again.

Of course he was not allowed to go on big missions, he was rather working in the background as a kind of profiler.

He continued to visit his sister Becca once a week and also met with Roslyn from time to time or with Grace and her two boys.
He hadn't seen or heard from James since the dinner, but he was quite happy about that.

He had only met Celeste once in town, she was pretty stressed out but without her husband she was worlds friendlier.

It was late in the evening, Bucky was just on his way home, he had helped with a mission today and had just taken the ferry from Staten Island to Manhattan.

He was engrossed in a conversation with Steve, the latter was in the process of planning a proposal. He wanted to surprise Nat, but he also knew Nat wasn't the cheesy romantic type like he was, so he asked his best friend for help.

Bucky roamed the streets of New York, not noticing that someone was following him the whole time.

The figure was like the shadow of him, no chance to see or hear him.

"Steve I would keep it simple, very intimate, no other people."

He heard a crack behind him and turned around but couldn't spot anything. It was probably just one of the many rats that roamed the deserted alleys.

In Bucky, despite everything, an uneasy feeling spread. He didn't know why but since the incident in 1943 he had learned to trust a gut feeling.

"I'll be home in five minutes. You're still coming over today, right?"

"W-what?"

"Yeah Steve I'm going to pick up your favorite food at the Chinese place around the corner. I'll see you then ok?"

"Buck, did you get company?"

"Yeah, Sam can come too if he has to."

Out of nowhere he felt a thump against his kidneys. The pain traveled up his entire back and he groaned.

"What the fuck?"

He turned around and a few feet in front of him stood a person. Through the dim light of the lanterns he could only make out a silhouette.

She wasn't too tall and of the physique rather delicate but from the blow he had taken he could tell that there was a hell of a force hiding behind her.

"Hey I don't know what your mission is here but I've never seen you before. Find someone else."

"You're my mission."

The voice could be attributed to a woman, she sounded feminine but very assertive.

She had two batons extended with a click, they were electric - a Black Widow that is.

"Hey. I don't have anything to do with Dreykov, so I don't know what kind of score I have with you."

He didn't get an answer, she ran at him and took out one of the batons. Bucky slowed it down with his metal arm.