Thirty-one

A/N: Song recommendation: Linkin Park & Evanescence Mashup Numb & Bring me to life

---

Bucky ran to the second floor and searched every room for Rose on the way there.
Again and again he hit one of the door frames in anger, desperation and fear for Rose.

His first thought was that she had simply left him there, for the simple reason that she had changed her mind, that he was not worthy of her love. But deep in his heart he knew that this thought was bullshit. He had known Rose since they were children and even if Rose was many things, she was not a liar. She wouldn't have just left him at the altar, at least not like that.

When he arrived in the room where Rose, Natasha and Julia had been styled before, he realized the extent of the whole situation.

There was not a soul to be found here, the stylists had already left the location an hour ago. In front of his feet, the purest chaos spread, broken furniture, destroyed windows, shards that were distributed on the floor. Everything made it seem as if a fight had taken place here.

Shortly after Bucky reached the room, Steve and Nat came running.

"Shit." Was the only word that left Steve's lips.

Bucky turned on his heel and ran back downstairs, he would have to find her, he wasn't going to let her get snatched away from him like that again and God knows what she had to go through.

"Where are you going Buck?" Nat called after him.

"Looking for her, what else?" He answered without turning around.

He let the others know and they split into groups.

Nat, Steve, Sam, Scott, Clint and he would search the immediate area.

T'Challa, Shuri, Okoye and Ayo would search the common locations of Julia and Rose.

Tony, Bruce, Vision, Rhodey, and Wanda would make their way to the port.

One by one, each group would run out of the location onto the street and split up.

Passersby stopped and watched the whole scenario, shocked and yet curious at the same time.
Since the attack of the Chitauri in 2012, the inhabitants of New York were always uncomfortable when they saw the Avengers fleeing on the way.

---

Rose had just looked at herself in the mirror one last time when the windows shattered into a thousand pieces.

"Run Julia for God's sake run." She had called out to her best friend when she saw black-clad soldiers rappelling through the window into the room.

Thank God she had chosen the short dress, because with the Cinderella fright she would have no chance to defend herself.

As fast as she could she slipped out of her white glitter pumps and started to fight with the soldiers.

She would just hope that one of the guests would notice it, because she wouldn't be able to fight them for long.

One of the soldiers grabbed Julia by the hair and she let out a loud scream.

"Stop fighting and nothing will happen to the little one."

Rose knew that she had no other choice if she wanted to protect her friend.

'That is exactly why I prefer to go on missions alone.' It ran through her head.

Her arms were bent roughly behind her back and shortly after that she felt one of the men press a piece of cloth soaked in liquid onto her mouth and nose.
As long as she could, she tried to hold her breath to avoid inhaling the chloroform.
But slowly her eyes became dizzy and she lost consciousness.