Twenty-six

A/N: Actually, I hadn't explicitly planned a chapter like this.
Also in the further course of the story such chapters are not planned (therefore this is actually not a Smut story).
I was only tempted by the music and 'Possessed'.

Song recommendation: Bishop Briggs - River

---

After 10 minutes of driving, Bucky parked the car in the driveway and they both walked up to the house.

"Do you remember what you said then?"

"Rose in my life I've said many a thing, you'll have to be more specific."

"When the war is over we'll move into a house together, away from the city just the two of us. Honestly, without getting nostalgic, it feels a little like it right now."

Bucky grinned and lifted Rose into his arms.

"Then we'll stay nostalgic and I'll carry you over the threshold Mrs. Buchanan."

Once inside, he set Rose down and so quickly he couldn't look, she had taken off her shoes.
Within a few seconds she shrank back to her size and barely reached Bucky's chest.

"God finally get out of these shoes, I almost died."

Bucky watched her put her shoes away, it all felt so surreal, so perfect. After all these years, he was happy for the first time.
Rose was about to go into the living room when Bucky grabbed her by her left arm, he pulled her back to him and without even thinking about it their lips met again.
At first it was just an innocent, gentle kiss, but after a short time it became more and more passionate.

Rose took a few steps backwards and Bucky followed her without his lips leaving hers until Rose was leaning with her back against a wall.
He bent down a bit and his hands slid up the back of her knees to her thighs, he lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around him.
With her on top of him, he walked up the stairs to her room.

He sat down on the bed and saw that Alpine and Nyx were also on it.

"Sorry my sweeties but you need to get out of here."

One by one he lifted the two cuddly tigers off the bed.
Rose who was sitting on his lap was watching him.

Knowing Bucky's and her back story from their assassin lives, it would be hard to believe that the two could be so tender and loving.

Bucky focused his full attention back on Rose.

"My God what did I do to deserve you?"
He looked at her, her green eyes and the little freckles on her nose. In his eyes, she was the most beautiful creature on this earth.

"Buckster..." Rose never really could handle compliments, and Bucky knew it. He loved it when the usually quick-witted Rose suddenly went quiet and you could see her blood rush to her cheeks.
He stroked her long hair over her shoulders and kissed her exposed collarbone up her neck to her ear.

"I missed you so terribly Darling. " His words sounded like music to her ears and the hot breath that hit her skin gave her goosebumps all over her body.

"I missed you terribly too Buckster." Her voice was soft and low.

Her long thin fingers brushed up his arms to his face and tucked the strands of hair, too short to be knotted into the hair tie, behind his ears.

He took her chin in his hand and slowly pulled himself close, their heads coming closer and their lips meeting once more.
It was almost as if a firework exploded inside him so his feelings for her ran through him.
He stroked his fingertips along the wide neckline of her back and he felt goose bumps forming on her back from his touch.