A Chapter You Didn't Expect

He felt himself being pulled back. He didn't know how, but the next thing he knew, he was back on the mountain, landing a few feet away from Hope. "How in the world?" He asked himself. 

Then he saw Hope lying on the ground just a few feet away. "Hope!" He ran over to her and held her in his lap. "Come on...come on..." He pleaded. She was unconscious, and he didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing. 

He had never seen her get to that point. Maybe it was a good thing, and it was her body's way of stopping an attack. I mean, she wasn't coughing or shaking anymore, so that was good. Right? 

On the other hand, the attack could've been so severe that she had passed out. 

"Come on...wake up!" He begged. She was still breathing, and she was responsive to his touch. It took her a second, but she finally opened her eyes. 

In reality, everything that just happened only took thirty seconds, but it felt like an eternity for Scott. 

"Scott?" She asked, voice breaking and tears running down her face. "Yes, I'm here. It's me." He said reassuringly. "But how?" 

It was a good question. Scott hadn't even taken the time to think about how he'd been thrown back onto the mountain. 

They both looked towards the edge and saw her standing there. Natasha Romanoff. 

She gave them a nod, and before they could react, she jumped. 

"No!" Scott yelled. But she was already gone. Then, everything went black. A few seconds later, he opened his eyes and found himself in one of those pools of water he'd seen before. 

"Hope?" He called. Then he looked next to him. She was still underwater! "Hope!" He picked her up and made sure she hadn't swallowed any water. "Are you okay?" He asked, seeing she was conscious. 

"How could I be okay Scott? I thought I was going to lose you! But instead, we lost Nat! She's gone!" She said shakily. The realization of what happened finally set in. Nat had died, and they got the Soul stone in return. 

Scott opened his hand and saw the orange rock that had cost them Natasha. He could see the tears in Hope's eyes. He knew that she and Nat had become close friends, and this was a hard blow for her. 

Hope's emotions were all over the place. She was beyond relieved that Scott hadn't jumped, but those feelings were crippled by the fact that she had just lost her closest friend. It was a mix of relief, happiness, sadness, anger, and grief. 

"I'm so sorry, Hope." He said, trying to comfort her. He put his arms around her, and she put her head on his shoulder. "I can't believe she's gone." She said tearfully. 

"I know, but we have to go back." He said. She nodded. They started to get up, but Hope collapsed almost immediately. She was still weak, emotionally and physically. 

"Scott, you can go on ahead without me. I'll be fine." She said, leaning against him for support. 

"No, I'm not leaving you here, alone." He said. "If you feel strong enough, I can help you." He offered. She was hesitant, but she knew that Scott was worried about her, so she agreed. 

They synced up their GPSs, and after making sure the stone was secure, they went subatomic. 

                                                                             Author's Note                                                                                             I'm sorry this chapter was so short, but it was taking way too long for me to update, and I didn't want to leave you guys on that big of a cliffhanger without some kind of closure. And I'm sorry about killing Nat, but who else could I have chosen? We already mourned her death once, and I couldn't have Scott or Hope jump. They're the main characters! This is literally their story! So, yeah. If you want to yell at me in the comments, you can. I don't blame you.