Chapter 3

Bakugou Katsumi POV:"Let me get my notebook

"Let me get my notebook." He digs through his bag.

I place my finger on my bottom lip and furrow my eyebrows. "Your notebook?" What would he need his notebook for?

He stops what he is doing to say, "Yeah, I like taking notes on heroes; It's a hobby of mine." He trails off towards the end. He thought he was coming off like a complete loser, and he didn't want to embarrass himself any further.

"I see... you should let me borrow them one of these days. I love heroes. Back in the U.S. I took a course based on hero history."

His eyes lit up. He couldn't believe he finally was meeting someone who has the same passion and interest as him. He tries straightening out the corners of his lips to try hiding his smile but failed miserably.

He pulls out a worn-out notebook. It had a few burn marks and bent pages. It was evident that book has been through a lot.

He leads us on our way.

He flips through the pages, looking for a blank one. He lightly hums once he does and whips out a pencil from his back pocket. "How tall are you?" He places the pencil against the page, anticipating my answer.

"(Your height)." My eyes begin to wonder around the hall. U.A. is so breathtaking and everything about this school is so beautiful.

"When did you develop your quirk?"

"During my third year of middle school." I briskly replied.

He was taken back and rapidly blinking with a fluster. "Wait. You just received your quirk?"

"Yeah, I developed late." I rub the back of my neck. "Kind of a late bloomer in the quirk department."

"I understand... so was I." He scribbles down a short paragraph onto the page.

"Really? I've never met anyone who had the same issue as me!"

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

We continued to talk all the way there. Once we made it, me and Izukun parted ways.

My eyes scanned the large room until I found my twin. I ran up to him and his friends who were all enjoying their meals.

I sat next to my brother and swiftly took a piece of his bread without him noticing.

I was about to join in on the tables conversation when Kacchan asks, "What took ya so long?" before taking another bite of his spicy noodles.

"Well, I dropped some stuff on the floor, someone helped me, and we were talking all the way here." I pop the bread into my mouth.

"Who?"

"Izukun."

He drops his chopsticks mid-bite. I could hear his teeth grinding together. "What did you say?"

I couldn't understand why he was acting like this.

"Izukun, your childhood friend."

Kacchan stood up with a grunt. He threw his practically full bowl of food away and left us.

When he gets angry like this, I found it's best to let him cool down and ask questions later.

I proceed to converse with his friends. Man, they're idiots, but idiots in a good way.

Soon the bell rings and we all left.

As I approach my homerooms door, I see Kacchan and Izukun talking. Izukun appeared on edge, while Kacchan still has that mad expression.

"What's up, boys?" I ask them and hook my arm around Izukun's shoulders.

He makes quick eye contact with me. "Nothing." His eyes nervously bounce around the hallway.

"Remember what I said, Deku." Kacchan whips his bag over his shoulder and enters the classroom.

'Deku? Why'd he call Izuku "Deku"?'

"Kacchan, wait up!" I ran after him with my hand leading. I latch onto his shoulder. "Why did you call him that awful name?"

"It's... an inside joke. You wouldn't get it."

"Oh."