Chapter 15

Bakugou Katsumi POV:"Alright, get into groups of two and start working on your project

"Alright, get into groups of two and start working on your project. Remember that it's due Friday." Mr. Aizawa mumbled before zipping up his yellow sleeping bag and shutting his eyes. All that was left to be heard was his sound of his light snores and the soft voices of his students not wanting to wake up their favorite teacher.

I set my eyes on Izukun, and decided this was my opportunity to talk to him. I went over to his desk. "Izukun, would you like to work together?" I spoke with confidence.

His eyes bulged, and he was completely caught off guard by my bold presence. I should've walked away and asked someone else if they wanted to be my partner, but I could was stare at were his eyes... his sweet eyes, that looked good as new, as if nothing ever happened. They shined so brightly and radiated kindness.

He hesitantly nodded his head yes. I left to go grab a chair to work with him. He nervously gulped and felt a piercing gaze on him. It was no other than Bakugou Katsuki. He was furious and enraged, and he was going to teach him a lesson.

"So what topic do you wanna do our project on?" I spoke as I finally lugged my chair over.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

"Wow, we actually got a lot done." I spoke surprisingly. The whole thing was basically done. Most of the class was nowhere near finished.

Izukun ran his fingers through his fluffy hair. "Yeah, but we still have to put the final touches on it."

I stood up and took a couple of steps back. I chewed on the inside of my cheek, analyzing the whole thing. I'd say we did a pretty fucking fantastic job. "The lunch bells goin' to ring soon, so we can finish up afterwards."

The boy hummed in agreement and began to bounce his leg.

He's been pretty quiet... I don't know why. It is driving me crazy not knowing. Earlier he was perfectly fine, but, now, it's just so frustrating. I want to yell and shout, "What did I do wrong?!", but alas, I cannot. Then, he'll definitely stop talking to me after that.

This hurts so bad.

I thought this would be great bonding time and lots of fun, but instead it is complete shit. We ONLY spoke to discuss our work. At least, we're ahead of the other groups.

I dusted off my bottoms that were all covered in glitter and little paper scraps. Strapped on my bag and got ready to head off. I just have to pretend like there isn't something off between us.

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

I decided to leave the lunchroom early to enjoy the empty classroom and to take lead on completing my partner assignment. As I approached the classroom door, I could make out my brothers voice. "... you know if you really wanna be a hero that badly there actually might be another way. Just pray that you'll be born with a real quirk in your next life, and take a swan dive off the roof of the building."

'What the hell? What does he mean a "real" quirk?'

A small, agitated grunt could be heard followed by six explosive booms. "Something wrong?" Told in a threatening tone.

'Who's he taking to like that?'

A sudden bang shook me out of thought. I saw Izukun fling the door open and run faster than I've ever seen before down the hall.

"Fuckin' nerd." Kacchan said as he walked out of the same door, while dusting off his hands. He slowly turned his head and met with my eyes.

"Ka-Kacchan... was that you?" I spoke heavyhearted. My throat felt tight and I struggled to gulp. This can't be real. There's no way! My brother?

'Such awful, hateful words.'

"Katsumi..." It was clear that in his face he knew he fucked up.

"How could you tell him that?!" I unintentionally yell at him. I bit my lip, waiting for respond.

'Please don't let this be real. Please, please, please, PLEASE.'

He stays quiet as he locks his eyes with the floor.

A metallic taste fills my mouth. I look away as pools fill my eyes. I simply can't handle this. None of this feels real. "Answer me!" I barked.

"I'm a bad person. Absolute fuckin' trash." He whispered, barely audible.

"You can't keep on doing this." I clench my fist, solely to hold back from what I truly want to say.

No.

"You can't keep on doing shitty things and feel bad about yourself, like that makes everything ok. You need. To. Be. Better. Katsuki."

A/N: yes, i used a line from bojack horseman. i'm currently obsessed.

"Katsumi-"

"No. I don't want to hear your dumb excuse. I-" I let out an agitated grunt as a fist meets a nearby locker. "I left our family became of terrible lowlifes like you. How could you do this to Izukun? To me?"

══ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══

A/N: if this story gets 1k-2k reads then i'll come back to write more. until then, i'm on hiatus