08: Emotional Overload

Leedo was already in the kitchen by the time Hwanwoong stepped out of his room. He didn't even hear the beeping from the alarm system, signaling that the front door was opened.

Hwanwoong could tell that Leedo was tired just from the way he was standing, looking in the fridge with his shoulders slouched over, one of his backpack straps lazily hanging off his arm in an awkward way.

"Hey Leedo." Hwanwoong spoke up, announcing himself to make sure he wouldn't scare the older. "How are you?"

Leedo grabbed a juice bottle from the fridge, closing it and turning around. There were noticeable dark circles under his eyes, and his hair looked slightly disheveled.

"Tired." Leedo responded, moving to enter his room. But he paused at the dining table, looking over at Hwanwoong. "Did Seoho go grocery shopping?"

"Ah, no I did actually." Hwanwoong answered, he walked out into the living space resting against the back of the couch. "I mean Seoho gave me the list, but I did the actual shopping. So if some things are wrong it's my fault."

"Really? That's surprising." Leedo muttered under his breath, refocusing on the conversation a second later. "I'm sure everything's fine, don't worry about things being wrong. It'll get used by someone."

Hwanwoong nodded his head, looking around awkwardly. He wasn't entirely sure what to say, or what to ask.

"Did Keonhee get back last night?" Leedo asked, running a hand through his hair, then down the side of his face.

"Yeah, he was pretty drunk too." Hwanwoong explained, recalling the previous night. "He fell off the couch and hit the coffee table pretty bad I guess. But I mean he went to school today, I'm not entirely sure if that can give you an estimate on how bad it was."

"That explains all the noise then." Leedo said with a sigh, slightly shaking his head. He seemed to ignore the last part of what Hwanwoong said.

"Are you umm—are you really sensitive to noise?" Hwanwoong asked, the pitch of his voice rose with his words.

"Ahh, I mean it's complicated." Leedo tried to laugh off, moving towards his room. He opened the door, setting his bag down before turning back around and leaning on the wall. "But that probably explains why I'm so tired."

"I don't mean to pry, but are you sure your just tired?" Hwanwoong hesitantly continued, not knowing the older well enough to know if asking this could cause tension. "You just don't look well."

Something sparked behind Leedo's eyes, and Hwanwoong wasn't entirely sure what it was. The older swallowed, looking past Hwanwoong only for a moment before refocusing his vision. He seemed hesitant.

"I have a slight headache, and I'm out of my medicine." Leedo spoke dryly, trying to again laugh off his words. "It's really nothing. I'm just prone to getting headaches and migraines, so as much of a bother it is, I'm used to it."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Hwanwoong muttered, genuinely feeling bad for the older. "Is there anything I can help with?"

Leedo closed his eyes tightly, sitting still for a few seconds before reopening his eyes. He shook his head gently, but the action still came off as firm.

"I don't need help." Leedo's tone slightly changed, his voice even just a little deeper than before. "Thanks for offering I guess. But I'm going to just lay down for a little bit."

And the mood changed. Leedo turned around and closed his bedroom door behind himself, creating hardly any sound. Before the door closed though Hwanwoong noticed how the olders features hardened, and there was an annoyance in his eyes. Leading Hwanwoong to feel kind of guilty, but also kind of confused. He pondered on what went wrong, coming up with the conclusion after a few seconds. So noted I guess, don't ask Leedo if he needs help. I'm assuming that's what went wrong.