13: The Past Resurfacing

The room was somewhat tense. Everyone except Keonhee either sat at the table or somewhere on the couch, waiting in silence. Breakfast was long over, and shockingly no one had to go into work that morning, even if it is the weekend. Hwanwoong technically didn't need to be here for this conversation, but he thought it'd run smoother if he was there to offer his own opinions. Plus he wanted to still feel included.

Seoho looked down at his phone, checking the time. He turned around to look at Keonhee's and Xion's bedroom door, concern behind his eyes. As if it was on cue, the door opened revealing a red-eyed Keonhee with a bag over his shoulder. To say the least, now everyone was concerned about the tallest and not so much the long awaited conversation.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Seoho exclaimed, rushing over to the taller to put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

Keonhee shook it off, closing his eyes for a moment while shaking his head.

"Nothing." Keonhee sighed, his voice further revealing that he must have been crying. "Why's everyone lingering out here?"

"Oh, well Leedo and I had something we wanted to propose to you and Seoho." Xion explained, getting up from the couch to check on his roommate. "But I mean it can wait, it really isn't that important."

Keonhee glanced around the room. He sniffled once, looking down at his phone, which he just pulled out from his pocket. Anyone could see his shoulders tense up from a mile away.

"It's your parents, isn't it?" Seoho lowered his voice, but it wasn't with any ill intent, if anything he sounds more caring now than before.

Keonhee nodded his head. The action seemed weak at first. But as he nodded his head a few more times something sparked behind Keonhee's eyes, a look of resentment, the spark of rebellion.

"What do you want to talk about?" Keonhee's entire demeanor changed, he dropped his bag by the door, heading into the kitchen to get something to eat. "I've got plenty of time."

"Are you sure? Cause if you need to—"

Keonhee whipped his head around. "I'm sure Seoho. Plenty of time."

Seoho was taken aback by the sudden comment. It was said in a rather harsh manner, at least harsh for Keonhee.

"Okay...I just don't want you to get hurt." Seoho mumbled, leaning against the dinning table. His gaze then went to Xion, a few moments later landing on Leedo. "So what's this that you wanna talk about?"

Xion and Leedo glanced at each other. They seemed to be having a silent conversation, debating over who should speak. Keonhee took the time to move, sitting besides Hwanwoong at the table. Seoho walked over to the kitchen counter, leaning against it in a way where everyone could see his reactions, and he in turn could see everyone else's.

"Well...I've been wanting a change of environment." Leedo was the one to speak, his eyes avoided Seoho and seemed to only glance over Keonhee once. "And Xion seemed to like the idea of switching rooms."

Hwanwoong tried to catch both Seoho's and Keonhee's reactions. Both of their faces held emotions that he was not expecting. He thought they'd be happy, willing to do this. But Keonhee had a look of disgust on his face, and Seoho's features were stone cold.

"I'm just saying I'm okay with however it would work out." Xion added, his voice kind of quiet and hesitant. "I don't want to force anything, but I'd prefer it if Keonhee moves in with Seoho. But I'm willing to move into Leedo's room....if we go through with this."

Keonhee looked up from his food, getting a good look at Seoho's profile.

"Am I that bad of a roommate?" Seoho's voice was hard, his eyes glaring daggers into Leedo, who hesitantly held eye contact.