CHAPTER ONE.

It has been exactly one year since I moved to America from Brazil after receiving a scholarship to study at NYU actually I received many scholarships to go to prestige universities such as Harvard, Stanford and Oxford to study Law at their faculty . After much needed analysis I decided to go to NYU. I think I settled in quite nicely . I share an apartment with my best friend Gia who welcomed me on the first day upon my entrance to the university instantly earning the title of being my best friend . I work part time at Polo Menswear I know I am girl working with men but I needed the money to pay my part of the rent and they had a vacancy available so yeah .

We are on spring break now so I'm all alone in our apartment . Gia is with her family on vacation in the Bahamas thereafter they are going all around Europe , yip her parents are super rich whereas I couldn't even afford to buy a ticket to go see my family in Brazil I am saving up though . Gia had invited me to join her and her family I declined because I didn't want to intrude with her family time besides I would feel like the third wheel . After I declined her request she offered to pay for my plane ticket to see my family back home and as much as I wanted to it was just to much of a gift for me so I declined that request as well .

With all this spare time I have on my hands I have shifts to work everyday which I don't mind at all .

It is now 10:00 another hour until am dued at work . On that thought I dragged myself out of bed walking straight to the bathroom looking into the mirror ah I am a mess , my long brown hair all over the place, puffy blue eyes staring tiredly at me yeah that's what you get for watching titanic 3 times in a row and end up crying yourself to sleep
Like you really lost Leonardo. Ah I'll just use some eye drops to cover up the puffiness. My already pouty lips are swollen because of the sleep , I'll just go and have a shower to save my appearance.

Climbing out of my 10 minute shower I head to my closet putting on my work uniform which consisted of a black high waisted skirt and white blouse with black heels . I had to wear this kind of clothes since I am dealing with wealthy customers . Now putting on my make up well not actually make up just some mascara I don't need all the other trimmings, normally I opt for no make up at all but it's work you know so I put on some mascara . Finally my hair which I just made into a neat bun. Now that I am presentable I make my way to Madison Square .

After the 15 minutes it takes to walk I finally arrived at work . I had this uneasy feeling while walking for the past few months now but this last few weeks it has become more intense . Maybe I am just paranoid.

" Alex darling you look amazing as usual" my friend Gustavo said while giving me air kisses from cheek to cheek , did I mention that he is gay?

"Hey you don't look so bad yourself " I said while taking in his appearance. His wearing a black skinny jeans way,  way too tight , a white button down shirt and a blazer . His face has a prominent jaw line with dark eyes and his hair is in a quiff. If he was not gay I might even have a crush on him .

" Oh thanks doll , don't think my skinny is too tight though ? He asked

Oh shit what do I do I don't want to hurt his feelings, will it hurt his feelings if i say that it is? Well he is gay ...Ag Ok ill lie just to be safe.

" No, not tight at all it's perfect " I replied

" Good, oh Alex we have an extremely important customer coming in at lunch so the store should be closed for his appointment and he specifically asked for you to help him" He warned.

Who the hell is so important to have the store closed at such a busy hour and why is he requesting me ?

I frowned.