𝟎𝟑

Kaimana Valencia | November 1995

"Ohhh, look at those bubbles in your hair, darling," Kaimana crooned to her baby girl, sitting outside of the tub.

Zaiyah giggled and whenever she giggled too hard, she snorted. Her smile widened and her two baby front teeth made Kaimana melt in awe.

Zaiyah was seated in a silicone baby floor seat in the bathtub of Kaimana's shared bathroom. The water wasn't too high nor too low, so Zaiyah could play with her toys while Kaimana washed her up.

Aisling kept Kaimana company in the bathroom too, and the rest of the group was in the dorm. Except Meleah, who was helping Fred and George with their Arithmancy studies.

"Oi, Valencia!" Cardin's voice called from the dorm.

"What?" she called back.

"Where are those baby coo—"

"Those are for the baby, Cardin."

"But they taste so good," he whined. "Ask Zai if she's willing to share with her favourite Tito."

Kaimana looked at her baby, who was giggling as Aisling blew bubbles into the air.

Kaimana had been teaching Zaiyah to know and refer her aunts and uncles to Tita and Tito since Kaimana wanted her daughter to engage in their Filipino culture.

"She said no, Cardin," Kaimana called out.

"What are all these lies, Kai?" She heard footsteps coming to the bathroom and then the door swung open.

Kaimana saw Cardin's expression soften and brighten at the same time as he saw Zaiyah covered in bubbles. "Look at you, sweet thing." He crouched down to rub his index finger affectionately under her wet chin.

Zaiyah babbled in excitement, kicking her chubby legs and water splashed. The three of them laughed in aw.

"No, fuck you, Jax!"

"You wish you could fuck me!"

"Whoever fucks you has low standards!"

"You're pretty fucking mean for a Hufflepuff, Lani!"

"You're so bloody stereotypical, Rivers!"

"You guys are acting like children!"

"Shut up, Quinn!"

"Oi! No need to bring Quinn down!"

"Thanks, Lija."

"You're welcome, mate."

"Give that to me, Jaxon Xavier Rivers!"

"How about you stop being such a stick in my ass, Kehlani Theodora Tiller!"

"Flynn, can you be the peacekeeper now?"

"I know, mate, the one time we need you to break it up, you don't."

"Because the last time I broke up an argument between those two, I got a black eye."

Kaimana flicked her fingers to flick off water into the tub before standing. "Keep an eye on her," she said to Cardin and Aisling, referring to Zaiyah.

Cardin and Aisling nodded.

Kaimana stepped out of the bathroom as she wiped her hands on her jeans. "What are you two arguing about now?" Her eyes darted between Jaxon and Kehlani, who were immaturely tugging back and forth a box of frosted biscuits. "Biscuits? Really?"