25

Ge Xiu opened his eyes.

    He lowered his head and carefully examined his open fingers.

    White, clean, with well-proportioned bones, intact.

    From his fingertips to his palms, they were coated in a faint red mist, it was hard to tell whether it was moonlight or blood.

    The sensation of touching the beating heart with the tips of his bare bones seemed to remain on his fingertips.

    He tried to close his fingers and they slowly tightened over the void.

    The power rushing in the blood vessels was clearer, the vitality was pumped to his limbs with the blood, making them tremble with joy.

    Although the corroded and reconstructed nerves still vaguely twitched under his skin, bringing a distinct sense of pain.

    But compared with that, the pain was insignificant.

    His body in the last world was really weak. The poisonous water and air of the garbage star eroded the undeveloped body, causing chronic diseases and malnutrition. His body was so weak that he could hardy do any exhausting exercises, he had to spend more time every day to recover his physical strength. Even if it wasn’t for organ failure, life span of that body would still not be too long.

    Now it’s different.

    Ge Xiu took a deep breath slowly, the dry and cold air with a strong rust smell slashed through his throat like a knife, and poured into his chest. The slight pain brought an amazing feeling of pleasure.

    A sense of strength surged in his blood vessels and his heart leaped vigorously in his chest.

    Ge Xiu was fascinated by this novel and subtle feeling.

    In addition, at the moment of absorption of the monster and transformation just now, Ge Xiu felt another new thing.

    Some kind of broken consciousness, incomplete and broken information, flooded into his body with a rush of power, circling and jumping in his mind in flashing fragments.

    Although not much, the amount of information revealed was exceptionally amazing, even far beyond his imagination.

    This was completely different from the world he had last been in contact with.

    It was called the Eliso continent. In addition to humans, there were elves, dwarves, demons and other intelligent creatures in this world.

    There were two elements, light and darkness, on this continent, and they divided everything in two huge camps. Those two forces were led by the two main gods, the god of light and the god of darkness, with many other gods belonging to the two camps. The gods weren’t some kind of illusory idols that gave people spiritual sustenance, but they were a powerful, psychical existence. Each god had its own believers, churches, priests, idols, favoured races and followers. Believers fought each other because of different theological beliefs, and even gods could start wars with other gods.

    All races in this world could master the ability to manipulate elements through learning, some become mages, some become warriors, and served their respective camps.

    Ge Xiu stepped on the warm and slimy blood on the soles of his feet with his bare feet, the dark red liquid was squeezed out from between his toes, like crushed rose juice.

    He stepped out of the bloody pool and soles of his feet touched the solid ground again.

    Ge Xiu looked around for a while, the strange substance in the air wandered in his field of vision, gloomy and humid, even if there was no specific shape to it it seemed much cleared than before.