59

The layered curtains beside the bed were pulled up by gold hooks, and the teenager sat alone on the edge of the bed. Against the backdrop of the big bed, his stature seemed more slender, almost engulfed by shadows.

    He was still wearing the banquet suit, but it was now wrinkled, torn from the neckline to the shoulders by him.

    Rowett was by the door, instructing his subordinate generals in lowered voice.

    From time to time, he turned his head to look at Ge Xiu sitting on the bed, but he didn’t seem to be very relieved.

    Ge Xiu’s cheek was bulging from the candy. He lowered his head and didn’t move. He just sat there quietly, the hairband that had been tied earlier has loosened, and his long blue-purple hair was hanging loosely on his shoulders.

    He looked well-behaved and clever, and he didn’t have the slightest trace of the dangerous feeling of ferocity and violence from before.

    Finally, Rowett ended the conversation.

    He closed the door, raised his hand and loosened the bow tie around his neck, then turned and walked towards Ge Xiu, who was sitting on the bed.

    Ge Xiu raised his head.

    His cheekbones were still flushed, and the red flush looked even more conspicuous on his skin as white as the first snow. A pair of blue-purple eyes were misty, so he couldn’t tell his emotions, and it was hard to say he awake he was.

    Rowett raised his hand and touched the top of his hair.

    Ge Xiu blinked, but didn’t move.

    ——Fortunately, at least it was much stronger than the guard who almost broke his arm when he came back.

    Rowett asked, “How are you feeling?”

    Ge Xiu shook his head.

    “Are you thirsty?”

    Ge Xiu thought for a while and then nodded slowly.

    Rowett brought a cup of warm water to his lips from the tray on the side, Ge Xiu lowered his eyes and sipped water from cup in his palm, looking very well-behaved.

    The long eyelashes drooped down, casting shadows on his face, like butterfly wings, trembling slightly in the light, a little fuzzy*.

    As if a feather scratched his heart.

    Rowett raised his hand and rubbed the young man’s soft cheek, feeling that his heart softened ridiculously, and his voice softened: “What else do you want?”

    Ge Xiu looked up at him again, his misty eyes narrowed slightly, he seemed to take a while to digest the information, and then said:

    “Hot.”

    His voice was hoarse, and the originally clear and slightly cold voice was mixed with the sandy texture and gravel friction.

    Rowett turned around and was about to adjust the temperature in his room, but as soon as he turned his back, he heard a harsh sound of cloth tearing behind his back.

    He turned his head in surprise and looked at Ge Xiu who was sitting on the bed.

    The boy’s fingernails were as sharp as razors, and in an instant, in the high-quality suit was cut a huge hole, and when he pulled hard, it turned into a fragile strip of cloth, which was simply and rudely peeled off from the body.

    Fragments of clothes fell like snowflakes on the bed and carpet.

    Ge Xiu blinked innocently: “Hot.”