66

The glass house was drowning in moonlight and colour of water.

    The loud sound of the merman’s tail fin splashing on the water surface and attacking everything suddenly disappeared, leaving only the tiny sound that appeared when waves rippled on the water surface, and it was unexpectedly quiet for a while.

    Rowett walked slowly towards the edge of the pool.

    The dark water rippled with sparkles of moonlight, but the merman was nowhere to be seen.

    In the next second, there was a sudden loud “SPLASH” sound.

    The sudden splash of water soaked him down from head to toe, and then, a powerful force slammed into him violently from the front, knocking him down to the ground.

    The sky was spinning, his back hit ground heavily, and a sharp pain came from his throat.

    Rowett didn’t frown, just blinked away the water droplets on his eyelashes and looked up.

    He saw Ge Xiu pressing down on him, his fingernails sharp enough to cut through an adult’s bones firmly pressed against his throat, cold as a knife, it had already slightly cut through the soft human skin, and if they moved an inch they could directly rip his throat.

    Those blue-purple eyes stared at Rowett condescendingly, and the cruelty and brutality of the animal nature swirled at the bottom of his eyes.

    There was no trace of sanity on his face, some kind of mania that seemed to have been provoked by something spread in the corners of his brows and eyes, as if of some kind of injured animal, showing its sharp claws to the whole world, trying to destroy all those who approached, to tear all that came close to shreds.

    Rowett could even smell the blood coming from him.

    The cold and humid air with the smell of copper and rust completely wrapped his senses, penetrating into his skin little by little.

    The wound on the neck is far less painful than the stifling dull pain coming from the chest—

    This kind of dull pain that seemed to be clenching his heart, flowing along the blood to the limbs and bones, as if the depths of the soul were soaked with soreness and pain, and it flowed back to the heart along the meridians.

    He had never felt this way in his life.

    In the past, whether it was war, banquet, compliments, adoration, or fear, they were all so boring. He tirelessly pursued the fresh excitement and the pleasure that made his blood boil, but after the freshness faded, everything went back to the original boring and faded state—unreal time flew past him, but everything around him seems to be covered in a glass cover, far away from him.

    It felt false and unreal,

    Until his merman appeared in his life, and everything turned upside down.

    Whether it was happiness, desire, anger, or pain…

    It all became real.

    And now this moment was also real.

    Rowett stared deeply into Ge Xiu’s violet eyes, and gently raised his hand to support his waist.

    The soft and smooth skin trembled lightly under his palm. When the mermaid’s icy skin was in heat, it turned an abnormally high temperature, like a hot jade, but it was still much still lower than the temperature of his palm—Rowett could clearly feel the terrifying power hidden deep under that skin.

    He has never been so sane.

    “Where are you taking me?”

    The merman asked.