91

The entire training ground was dead silent, and only the overlaying sound of the Zergs’ claws scratching on the steel ceiling could be heard, echoing in the huge and empty space.

    Omega lowered his eyes and looked down at them, a pair of dark eyes gleaming with a dazzling cold light, like a killing god who came back from the sea of ​​​​blood. The powerful mental power swept over the audience in a overwhelming way, the heavy pressure was suffocating and nobody could move an inch.

    Everyone looked up at the youth sitting in the silver-white mecha in shock.

    ——No one thought that he was joking.

    The mind that had previously lost its rationality due to fear gradually calmed down, and the reality that they had been subconsciously ignoring from panic was finally fully revealed in front of their eyes.

    Chilling and cruel, but there is no doubt that there is no turning back—

    In other words, after the army was destroyed, they became the only barrier between the innocent people and the Zerg.

    They were warriors trained in the Federal Mecha Academy, they were the Mecha pilots who had been selected through rigorous military training. Many of them have even joined the reserve army and would participate in battles as soon as they graduate.

    What they bear is not only the glory of the Federation, but also the responsibility for the millions of lives of the entire planet behind them.

    Millions of blood debts.

    The sense of honour and responsibility lost under the shock of fear gradually returned.

    The person who was shaken and lost control just now couldn’t help feeling ashamed at the thought of trying to escape.

    And the most shameful thing was… the only one standing in front of them, who threatened them with a sharp blade to make them face the enemy, was an Omega—and as an alpha, he didn’t even have as much guts and backbone as Omega!

    This realization made them feel ashamed.

    The anger at the Zerg raging in their homeland, and the shame at their own incompetence, condensed and mixed into a raging fighting spirit that burned in everyone’s chest.

    Everyone in the venue moved and quickly rushed to the mecha area.

    Ge Xiu stared at the scene in front of him, narrowing his eyes in satisfaction.

    ——That’s why he chose these people.

    They are all trained to deal with crises. Even if they got briefly carried away by fear of death, they still retained their basic qualities and abilities. Most importantly, they were still young and have not experienced the baptism of brutal war. They had sense of honour coming from the youthful spirit and only such young soldiers could throw themselves into a war with a huge disparity between the enemy and their side, fighting at all costs.

    The hatch of the mechas slowly closed.

   Ge Xiu distributed weapons and ammunition collected from the wreckage left behind the army after the attack.

    He assigned them tasks curtly:

    “From 001 to 012, evacuate the masses according to the divisions in the planet, and the rest and I will go to meet the Zerg, face the main force, and buy time for them.”

    “Roger!”

    The mechas spread their wings and everyone answered in unison.

    Humans were inherently attracted to hope*.