63

Rowett was indeed swimming in earnest.

    His posture was very standard. The well-defined muscles on his back stretched and contracted gracefully in the water waves. His slender and vigorous figure broke through the water waves, and in the blink of an eye, he rushed forward several meters.

    However, he was still far behind Ge Xiu’s speed.

    After all, mermaids belong to the ocean, and every inch of their body was created to control the waves. This was their way of living and survival.

    Although Ge Xiu didn’t like sports much, he still couldn’t resist his body’s instinct to play in the water.

    However, after swimming a few laps happily in the pool, he had mostly finished venting the urge accumulated in his body, and once again returned to the lazy and tired look.

    Ge Xiu curled up lazily at the edge of the pool, his long blue-purple fish tails rested on the steps below the water surface, and he sipped the orange juice served by the attendant, watching Rowett swimming around in the water.

    He was obviously very physically strong, and he swam for a long time at an even pace without showing any signs of fatigue.

    The morning time was spent leisurely, the sun above their heads gradually climbed to the center of the sky, and the air around them gradually rose in temperature.

    At this time, a soldier in an army uniform hurried up to the top floor, looking as if there was an important message to convey.

    Rowett came ashore and wiped his face with the towel draped beside him.

    Ge Xiu was still curled up on the steps occupied by his fishtail, too lazy to move.

    From this distance, he could only hear a vague conversation, but not much of the specific content.

    Ge Xiu narrowed his eyes lazily, like a cat with its belly up spread out in the sun, a look of laziness of someone who didn’t care about anything.

    After listening to the soldier’s report, Rowett tossed the towel on the side and slowly slid into the water again.

    This time, he swam in Ge Xiu’s direction.

    Ge Xiu raised his eyelids carelessly, watching Rowett emerge from the water, then moved his fishtail and sat down on the steps as well.

    “Frontline battle report.”

    Rowett picked up a glass of orange juice and took a few elegant sips: “They sent troops to attack one of the areas you pointed out, thereby successfully destroying the protective military front on the south side.”

    Go Xiu was not surprised.

    He picked up an orange-flavoured candy from the tray, slowly unwrapped it and stuffed it into his mouth, and answered vaguely: “Oh.”

    Rowett stared at him with interest and asked, “How did you know the exact location of the weak point in the opponent’s defense?”

    Of course he could see it.

    After all, the defense measures were derived according to the technological level of this world, and relevant countermeasures could be found through previous his experience.

    Piece of cake.

    Ge Xiu yawned disinterestedly, directly ignoring his question, just raised his brows and asked:

    “You dare to let your army follow my command without knowing if I were sure of it?”

    Rowett raised corners of his lips: “I’m sure about you.”