69

Fuck.

    Ge Xiu cursed inwardly.

    The sound of the hard forelimbs and claws of the insects digging through stones was coming from behind, breaking the silence. The sound of the glass breaking above became clearer, as if the Zerg had broken in through the windows of other floors.

    Time was running out, he couldn’t delay for a second.

    Ge Xiu glanced at the amount of fuel remaining in the mecha, and his heart tightened slightly.

    —There was no other way.

    Ge Xiu parked the mecha in a relatively narrow and closed space.

    He severed the neural link between himself and the mecha, opened the cockpit door, and jumped out with difficulty.

    The moment his feet landed, Ge Xiu’s legs softened and he almost fell to the ground.

    He gritted his teeth and stood up, stumbling toward the surgical equipment area—collecting scalpel, sterilizing alcohol, towel, hemostatic and suturing equipment.

    After everything was collected, Ge Xiu returned to the mecha, and then mobilized all of the running energy of the body to reach the defense cover.

    The light in the cockpit dimmed instantly, and only the virtual screen in front of him remained lit up.

    Several bugs have broken through the weakest part of the outer wall, rushed in, and then pounced on the mecha, and began to break through the outer defensive cover with sharp claws.

    An ear-piercing screeching sound filled the cabin, and it sounded eerie in the cramped cockpit.

    Ge Xiu’s expression sank like water.

    He placed the equipment in front of him one by one, then called up the monitor in the cockpit and aimed it at the back of his neck, so that the image of that piece of his skin would appear on the virtual screen.

    He was very clear about his situation. This time, no one will come to the rescue.

    The original body came here concealing his identity, and no one knew the illustrious family background and astonishing wealth behind him. Even if he died here, the report would be nothing but a cold number.

    Even more so, Ge Xiu could be sure that the army he was in before may have already regarded him as a dead person.

    No one takes risks for the dead.

    The duration of the estrus caused by the differentiation period can even last for more than a week, which varied according to each person’s physique.

    On this planet occupied by the Zerg, he was like a lamp in the dark, attracting countless Zergs moths to him.

    And he had no inhibitors.

    —This leaves only one option.

    Ge Xiu stared at the back of his neck on the screen very calmly, gripping the scalpel in his rubber-glove covered hand, the tip of the blade flashing a sharp silver light.

    His hands were steady.

    The tip of the knife cut through the skin, quickly creating a smooth cut, and bright red blood gushed out along the incised wound, instantly soaking the combat uniform he was wearing and dyeing it a deep dark red.

    The muscles on the back of Ge Xiu’s spine tightened uncontrollably.

    He clenched his back molars tightly, not allowing himself to make any sound—that piece of skin was so sensitive that even slight rubbing on it would cause severe numbness and pain, as if the pain sensors there were enhanced a hundred times.