37

The necromancer’s movements stiffened inexplicably.

    It was a very strange feeling. As if he lost balance a moment before falling into the abyss, a cold palm suddenly gripped his heart, and he couldn’t help but feel a sense of horror.

    The pale blue fingers clasped the young man’s white and slender neck like claws of an eagle, and they tightened instinctively without a thought. The sharp black-blue nails plunged into the soft skin, and the cold and protruding knuckles exerted force, and the fragile bones in his neck could be broken any second, as easy as crushing a biscuit.

    But the fingers couldn’t break the skin.

    As if caught in an invisible prison – the throat bone under his palm quivered slightly with the rhythm of breathing, and he could almost hear the sound of warm blood flowing through the blood vessels. As long as he pinched it gently, he could stifle the warm life at his fingertips – but he couldn’t.

    Only then did the Necromancer see what was stopping him from moving. It was an extremely thin layer of dark elements, which fit tightly on the young man’s skin, as light as a feather, but as tough as a dragon scale. He felt shocked at the bottom of his heart, such terrifying control of the dark element…How could it appear in an apprentice from the Academy?

    A sigh sounded:

    “Pity.”

    The necromancer’s eyes widened suddenly, his finger joints creaked, as if being slowly crushed by an invisible force, the blue veins on the back of his hand that strained from the force burst out. The thin fingers trembled uncontrollably, but they were irresistibly stretched by the void controlling his palm.

    “…I kind of liked my current team.”

    The young man added quietly. His expression still looked innocent, but his pupils were dark like an abyss, and there seemed to be a kind of gravitational force that could suck the soul inside, and the terrifying power that was almost other-wordly in the depths of his eyes filled people with fear.

    An alarm rang in necromancer’s heart instantly, and the keen sense of danger he cultivated by dealing with dark creatures made him decisively act —he chanted spells in his mouth, trying to get away from here as fast as possible, but, strangely, those dark elements that always followed his call were reluctant and cold, as if they had been diluted many times, and it was impossible to gather enough elements to perform complex high-level spells.

    ——It was as if they abandoned him.

    His face suddenly became distorted, his expression savage. He raised his hand and crushed a spell spar. The huge scroll unfolded in an instant, the complex dark purple patterns lit up in mid-air, and countless skeletons and low-level liches* controlled by forbidden magic kept appearing in the open space, soul fire flashed in their dark and hollow eye sockets, quietly waiting for orders.

    Ancient and complicated spells poured out of his mouth.

    All the creatures made by alchemy attacked the youth that seemed innocent.

    Ge Xiu lifted his eyelids indifferently, seeming a little bored.

    He lifted his finger without any interest.

    In the next second, all the skeletons and liches stopped moving, as if they were frozen in place.

    The blue soul fire flickered wildly in the eye sockets, the rigid and cold joints made a harsh gurgling sound, and then – suddenly fell down.

    “Bam”…”Bam, clank, clank”

    Th corpses controlled by magic knelt down one by one, their hard kneecaps hit the ground, making a crunching sound. The scene was both so magnificent and terrifying it made people shudder.