48

Ge Xiu closed his eyes and lay quietly on the rock, his long fishtail curled up in the dark, his pearly white tail fin swaying slowly in the waves.

    This was the dungeon.

    In addition to the mermaids who wounded people, some crippled mermaids that have been abused and discarded and couldn’t be resold any more would also be thrown here to deteriorate and wait for death.

    The entire dungeon was dark, dull, dirty and damp, and the water in the pool has long decayed. It had not been replaced for a long time and there was an unpleasant fishy stench.

    But Ge Xiu didn’t really mind this.

    Water was the same as air, in the final analysis, it was just the medium to survive. Whether it was the Garbage Star or Calvary from before, the environment had been much more unbearable than it was now.

    What he couldn’t understand was his present state.

    It was really impulsive to do something with that Great Duke before. Normally, in accordance with his habits, he would first become familiar with the surrounding environment, the background of this world, the his own identity and other characters around him, and so on. Only then would he focus on the current situation, make a perfect plan, and finally put it into action—however, what happened this time was completely different.

    He couldn’t control the violence that was deep in his heart.

    In fact, this violence has always existed, and has never left.

    Ge Xiu knew from the beginning that there was a beast living in his heart, craving for excitement and stimulation from bloodshed, fascinated by the danger of wandering on the edge of life and death. He has always controlled himself well, reason and madness in him were like twin brothers, entwined with each other, so most of the time he didn’t lose control. He was like a calm and shrewd gambler who knew how to make the best use of his character.

    But this time, Ge Xiu was very convinced that he really wanted that person’s life at the time.

    Regardless of the consequences, regardless of gains and losses, the violent beast broke through the barriers of reason, eager for bloody sacrifice.

    So he did it.

    From the beginning of entering this world, his emotions seemed to have been affected by something indescribable—Ge Xiu wasn’t sure if the group of people outside did something, or if  it was something else…

    But he knew it that whether it was those fishtanks, glass walls, or the swaying water waves around him will aroused inexplicable irritability in his heart.

    Ge Xiu curled up quietly, his eyes tightly closed.

    The dark water around him was flowing soundlessly, and he could hear the faint sounds coming from a distance, the splashing sound when the other mermaids moved, crying, and meaningless babble, but other than that, it was very quiet.

    In fact, for him, this place was actually much more comfortable than the Great Duke’s fishtank.

    Without the false and unrealistic decorations, and without the omnipresent looks and prying, the previously uncontrollable desire for destruction had also reduced a lot.

    At this moment, the stream of water in his ears transmitted the creak of the heavy iron door in the distance opening.

    The clear sound of footsteps, boots clanking on the cold and hard floor, came from afar and got closer, and finally stopped besides the fishtank.