Chapter 18 "I'm Sorry"

You woke up after a few hours. Realizing that his wounds might infect themselves since it was still bleeding and fully open. You shook your head and tried to focus. As you slowly started to focus your vision, you noticed something off. Macaque was still there sleeping on your thighs but his wound was entirely closed. The only thing left from his wound were scars all around his back. You poked him a few times which made him scratch his back. You giggled at the adorable scene and didn't want to bother him any more than you already have. You continued by stroking his head slightly.

Macaque lets out a heavy sigh and snuggled on your legs. He didn't seem to find a comfortable position so he moved around and growled in annoyance. He finally gave up and opened his eyes while still laying on your lap. He looked up to you and just glared.

"Um...Good evening Macaque."

He snuggled his face back on your thighs and hummed that sounded similar to 'Good evening'. You felt a bit nervous to be saying anything to him so you let him be for now.

It took him some time to be fully awake. Your legs were sleeping so you stumbled your way to the kitchen to make something for dinner. You didn't even bother to ask him if he wanted to join you because he was already waiting at the dining table.

The room was completely silent and neither of you wanted to start a conversation with each other. Macaque kept humming whenever you weren't looking at him. It didn't bother you. It just means that he cares a lot about you.

Macaque stood up from the chair and wiggled his ears around, realizing that something was not right once again. He quickly rushed upstairs, knowing what was wrong, and came back after a minute or so. You wanted to ask him about it but before you could speak, you were interrupted by the smoke.

"*cough* Gosh..." 

"Uh oh. A certain someone messed up our dinner." Macaque chuckled.

"Shut up! Do you think you're any better!?"

Macaque held his hands up in defense.

"Hey, I'm just sayin' what I'm seein' lotus. Please don't take your anger out on me."

"...I'm not angry..." You mumbled as you took another pack of pork in the fridge.

Macaque wiggled his ears in curiosity once again and walked toward you.

"Look, I'm sorry lotus. Whatever I have done to make you upset, please forgive me. I might have ignored you for the past week but I had a good reason why. I'm not ready to tell you just yet though..." He said as he slowly stepped closer to the kitchen.

"I'm glad you apologized for that. But you should also apologize for your stupid, grumpy attitude!"

Macaque took a few steps back at your sudden outburst. It startled him to see you angry every time. But what was so menacing about it? Your face? Your volume? Your Aura? Whatever it was, it was a mix of all.

"Grumpy attitude? What are ya talkin' about, lotus?"

"Oh, I don't know, maybe the fact that you've been constantly giving me death glares this past week and now that I mention it, you've been replacing yourself with your stupid shadow clones and completely threw away our date! Our date should be spent with both you and me! Not your clones. Gosh!" You complained as you slammed the pack of pork to the ground.

Tears slowly started to swallow your eyes and soon couldn't focus on cooking anymore. You turned off the cooker and pushed him aside to run upstairs to 'your' room. Macaque caught your hand just in time before you were able to even reach the stairs. You turned to look at him but he didn't do the same. He felt too ashamed of himself to even look at you in the face. He knew exactly what he did wrong and wanted to make it up to you. He just didn't know how.

"I'm sorry lotus I just...I wasn't in the mood at that time."

"Seems to me that you're always in a bad mood. Not even once have you looked at me with a smile this week. Well, maybe a few times but not as much as the 'old' Macaque would."

"Old Macaque?" He questioned.

"You know...Human form Macaque..."

Macaque clenched his hands tightly together and mumbled something between his breath that you wouldn't be able to understand. He then carried you in bridal style and went upstairs to the room where you have slept ever since the first night you spend in his dojo.

You looked up to see his face and just as expected, he wasn't happy at all. You had a feeling or thought that you've been bothering him ever since you moved in and it sort of made him forced to say 'yes' because he didn't want to hurt your feelings. You get that he likes you but he shows his affection towards you different from what you have experienced. Well, not you but you have seen and felt the emotion towards some random couples. 

As he stood in front of the door, he opened it with his tail and waltz inside without asking you for permission. He walked towards the bed and laid you down on the soft matres. Macaque kneeled in front of you as smoke/shadow started to appear on his hand, forming a certain item on his hand. Your eyes widened at his gift for you. You hadn't expected something like this to happen.

You wiped your tears away and slightly gave him a questioning smile. You took the banquet from his hand before hesitating a few times.

"Lotus, I know this is sudden but...can we mate like, right now?"

You laughed and rolled around the matres, finding his request quite unexpectedly. You sat back up to check if he meant it seriously. And like always, he was.

"You...You aren't joking?"

"Yep, all serious babe." He answered immediately.

You cleared your throat and looked at him in the eyes. You could tell that he was honest and ready for your answer. Whether yes or no, he'll accept it.

"Macaque, we only have been dating for less than a week. How do you expect me to say 'yes'?"

"I'm up for it." He said as he stood up. Starting to take off his scarf.

You started to back away from him as he started to take off his shoes. Macaque caught a glance at you and slowly made a smirk across his face. You just watched as he took off all of the top clothing he had, which of course made you a blushing mess. He was now left shirtless which made you stare at his well-built body. You covered your eyes with both of your hands and couldn't help but make a tiny peek hole between your middle finger and index finger.

Macaque pushed you down gently on the cushions and started to lick your neck on both sides. Placing purple marks everywhere. You groaned in excitement as he slowly reaches down to your private spot. But before he could make another move, a familiar figure showed up in front of the entrance.

Macaque wiggled his ears, seeming to notice someone or something behind him. He stopped and slowly turned around to find his worst enemy standing right behind him.

"Looks like I've found your little hiding place at the wrong time. Glad I'm able to stop you at the right moment. I wouldn't be happy if you were the one getting a move on her first." He said as he went closer to Macaque.

Wukong pulled Macaque's arm away from both of your wrists and rotated it tightly which made him ache in pain. You sat up and told him to stop.

"Sorry, Princess. But I have to put this demon back to where he belongs."

"Heh, and what will you do with her when I'm finally gone?" Macaque spat as he struggled to get away from his tight grip.

"I will simply ask the kid if she could stay with him for a while until I find a shelter for her to stay in."

Wukong looked at you with a smile and disappeared together with Macaque. Now you were left there alone. Waiting for at least someone to return.