CHAPTER 9

JS2: ZARI'S POV.

I stretch my arms right after our Professor announce that midterm week is over, I arrange my things right away. As Professor Ramos bid a goodbye to us, I saw Kaden walking towards my direction while playing with his pen.

"So how was it?" he asked.

I sigh."Exhausting." I said.

"Well it was tiring, wanna grab lunch together?" He raised his brows.

 "Libre mo?"

"Of course," he said with a big smile and stood up again.

He held his hand that made my brows farrowed."Give me your bag,"he pointed my tote bag.

"No need, kaya ko naman."I told him and smile.

But he was stubborn and he really took it on my shoulder and smiled and walked out. I shrugged and followed and just shook. Why is he always like that, he always makes everything a chance.

I was following Kaden when suddenly my cellphone rang and I saw Faust's name on Caller ID. I remember that I gave him my number when I was looking for a shop to apply and I accidentally saw him. I stopped walking to answer it.

"Hello Zari?" Faust on the other line.

"Hello Faust, do you need anything?" I responded.

"Well I heard your midterm is over, I just wanna ask if you're free this 4?"

My forehead farrowed slightly. "Yeah, I don't have anything to do..why?"

"Then I'll tell you the good news right now then? Remember the coffee shop you've applied last Wednesday? You just got hired, the manager text me earlier!"my eyes widened for a moment.

"Totoo?"I almost exclaimed in a whisper.

"Yup, so let's meet later then?"

"Yes, I'll go." I said and put down the cellphone.

I smiled widely as I walked when I saw that Kaden was gone, but I was shocked to see him leaning in the corner and looking straight at my face. I stop for a bit and show him a questionable look, did he wait for me?

"Who called?" he ask in a cold tone, eyeing me firmly.

"S-si Faust.." I was a bit shock with my stutter word.

His eyebrows met. "You give him your number?" he asked hard as if it was forbidden.

"Yup, bawal ba?" I ask, remembering he pay the cellphone for me.

 "It is not but.." he sigh."I already told you to avoid him...Faust is not good for you Zari."

"He was just helping me with my application in Pietrso, Kaden. That's why I give him my number, no other reason." 

His brows farrow, "Application? You'll work? Why you didn't told me about that?"

I look away. "I just don't want to disturb you and it's okay ... I just got hired."

"You choose to tell him and not me? I thought we're law buddies?" he asked, irritated and I just bit my lip so hard that I didn't know what to answer.

"O-of course we are Kaden," we looked at each other and he slightly looked away.

"Nevermind Miss, let's go." I sighed in disbelief.

We were walking to the cafeteria together and I couldn't help but wonder why he was so annoyed earlier that I didn't tell him about applying for a job. Geez, is he irritated because we live in the same roof and I didn't tell him? Of course Zari, what would be the other reason right?