CHAPTER 39

Malee: I made Zari and Kaden's story recommendation on TikTok. I hope, you'll get to read them. Chapter 39 is finally here after a year! :>

JS2: ZARI'S POV

Hinilot ko ang sentido habang inaayos ang coat na suot. It's the last step for him to be on jail. Today is the final verdict of Kaden's father's case. Kay tagal kong hinintay, kay tagal kong hiniling. At sana nga mangyari na. Sana makamit ko na ang hustisya para kay Mama. Mapapanatag lang ang loob ko kapag nakita na siyang nasa loob ng kulungan.

For the first time in a long time. For the first time since my biggest heartbreak, I finally felt the tranquility I have been looking for.

Through holding onto the hope that I will get the justice my mother deserves...I never stop on fighting. Until we reach the end. Congressman Anthony Chua's case records were presented. Hindi pa kasali ang mga patong-patong na kaso niya na matagal nang nakalihim.

"As the representative of the juries, and in front of the people of the Philippines, with the power given by us by the Constitution of the Philippines, given the arguments and evidences presented, the juries find the accused... guilty on this case."

I shed a tear. This time, because of happiness. I look down on my table as Kaden, Zero, Kise, and Raven came to hug and congratulate me. I look up just to see Kaden's eyes shinning brightly, nodding his head at me.

"I am proud of you, Attorney." he mouthed proudly.

"Thank you, maraming salamat." hinarap ko silang apat na may namamanghang ngiti sa mga labi.

Anthony Chua is now watching us celebrating, having his and his defender's angry look. I took a large amount of breathe and walk towards Anthony Chua to face him fiercely while he's currently police's under control.

"Lumabas rin ang katotohanan. Walang kasinungalingan ang mananatiling nakatago, Anthony. Jail serves you right, magdusa ka sana habambuhay." matigas kong sinabi sakanya pero mahina lang itong tumawa.

"Sa kahulihan, gusto kong malaman mo na proud ako sa anak mo na hindi gumaya sa'yo. At sana habang nasa kulungan ka, bangungutin ka sa lahat ng mga kasalanan mo. Hihintayin ko ang karma mo Anthony. Tandaan mo, magiging masaya ako. Magiging masaya kami habang naghihirap ka."

"Ang tapang mo Angeles...ilang kaso naba ang naipanalo mo?" sarkastiko niya iyong tinanong.

I smirk and chuckle."Bakit Anthony? Ilang kaso na ba ang nakapatong sa'yo?"

He went pale to what I've state. I wave a hand and smile sincerely to him for the last time. Before he eyed Kaden and fade to our sight.

"Traydor ka Kaden, wala kang makukuhang mana sa'kin." Anthony greeted his teeth.

"Hindi ko gugustuhin ang mana mo, Congressman. Wala na po akong kinikilalang ama." Kaden straigthly uttered seriously.

He then went to me as he nod once again. I felt the warmth of my heart and the peace that mind's been wanting to achieve. Hindi na ako nag dalawang isip at tinakbo siya para yakapin. Atty. Villarial, Atty. Arinuevo, and Prosecutor Gonzalez were just happy watching us.

The world had been cruel to the both of us. We both suffered and had our heart broke through the pain we didn't expect to feel.

Justice served.

I took them to my Mother's grave after winning the case. Kaden was the one who bought white bouquet of flowers to gave. Kinausap ko si Mama. Sinabi ko kung gaano ako kasaya at nagpapasalamat sa mga taong kasama ko ngayon. Hindi sila nagsawa, hindi nila ako pinabayaang ipanalo ang kaso mag-isa. Nandyan sila, pinanalo naming lahat ang kaso.