Chapter 14

Cato and Clove

Chapter 14

The elevator opened. My lungs started hurting. I wasn't breathing, I realized. I gasped. I heard someone laugh. Enobaria stepped towards me. She had a blue glass with red wine in it. The way she moved, let still show her pride and power.

''You were with Cato?'' I didn't answer. I glared at her. She laughed again, this time harder. The alcohol was in her system.

''Such a drama''. Her golden tooth shone in the light. She grabbed my hand hard and it could feel that her nails cut into my skin. She smiled.

''Why are you doing this? You can't force people to do what you did with Cato.''

''I can. Didn't you like it? Glimmer was so happy when she heard what we were planning. Cato too.'' ''Let me go'' she let her nails go of my skin and inspected the blood under her nails.

''Don't be naïf. You are smart, little Clove.''

I felt my cheeks burn of anger. ''I'm not little'' I spat in her face and I could see how she waved it away and balled her hand together, before I even could dodge her, everything turned black.

-

I heard soft voices and with every breath I took I could hear them grew louder.

''What did.....''

''I don't kn......'' ''Maybe, but it is..''

I flutter my eyes and I blink slowly. I rubbed over the painful place above my eyes. I moaned.

''I hate her'' I said quiet, they probably even couldn’t hear it.

2 faced turned to me. Claudisa and Cato. My head felt light when I tried to stand up.

 ''How long was I out?'' I asked Cato.

He looked on his clock. ''About 20 minutes,''

Claudisa looked worriedly. ''Enobaria told me everything.''

I raised my eyebrows. ''She did?'' I said surprised.

''Yes, she found you. In the living room. You must been fall and hit your head to something.''

I smirked. ''Now I remember,'' I said sarcastic.

''I'm going to Brutus and Enobaria and can you two come in five minutes to the living room? They are going to announce the training scores. ‘’

Aren't you exited?!''She exclaimed happy.

She left the room. I looked around and saw that I was in my own room. Cato sat next me and pressed gently a sack of ice against the painful spot.

''Does it still hurts?''. I shook my head.

''It wasn't an accident, right?'' I looked at the ground, and avoid his gaze. He held my face so that I was forced to look at him.

 ''Was it Enobaria?'', I didn't answer. I don't know why, maybe because I was ashamed.

 ''I swear if she did this, I'll kill her. ''

I decided to tell the truth. This was Cato. He wasn't going to gossip about these things.  I took a deep breath

''Who else would it be? She is the one who hurts people all the time, remember?''

He balled his fists.

''That is it. I'm going to kill her.'' He dropped the ice sack and walked towards the door.

''Cato, don't do it.'' he stopped .''She is our trainer. Don't you remember the rule? She is our trainer. She is able to kill us in the arena. We can't do anything. She wouldn't even help us to get sponsors.''