Chapter 8

Cato and Clove

Chapter 8

My feet felt frozen but I kept walking forward. Cato looked.. I just didn't have words for it. Something in my head was screaming: He is going to kill you whenever he has the chance, don't even think that he is going to spare you!

I step to him; I didn't even give him a look. Olympia was next to me, checking the last things on my outfit. The hour past quick. Sometimes I caught that Cato was looking at me, but when I looked back at him. He just pretended that he was looking at the other tributes. I squeezed and looked at the other outfits of my opponents. But I just couldn't stop laughing when I saw the district ones tributes. They wore pink flamingo things and even the boy wore pink. The boy gave me a glare what made me even more laugh. My stylist looked why I was laughing and at the expression of her face. Olympia looked on her watch.'2 minutes' she mumbled. 'You two need to go in the parade cars. Cato stepped first in the car and then it was my turn. The Car was pretty high, I could tell you and you see, I’m not that tall. Cato saw immediately that I was struggling to get on the car. He gave his hand. I stared for a second at his hand. First I just thought to ignore it but I won’t matter that he helped me with this.

He smiled a little bit when I excepted his hand. He wanted to say something, but his stylist interrupted him. 'Remember, just stare at the crowd, but you don't do anything, Okay? Not waving, not smiling, and not taking their flowers. Just try to keep as vicious as you can.' We both nodded.

'20 seconds' I heard, what sound like a robot, said.

'Good luck' Olympia said. Thank you'

The’ cars’ of District 1 started driving. A huge black gate in front of them and I could catch a blimp of a huge audience and so many colors! I also could hear them screaming. Our started driving a bit, but we still weren't driving. Suddenly I felt a warm breath in my neck. 'You look beautiful' Cato whispered in my ear. I looked at him and I really stared at him. 'You look good too' I said with no friendly in my voice. Our car started driving through the door. The whole trip I just glared at them and am vicious. One moment I looked at Cato. He saw that I was watching him and a little smile appeared on his face.

'CATO!CLOVE!' The whole crowd seeking for attention. Roses, they threw us. They admired us. But as soon as the games would start they would be cheering for our blood. I hated them.

 W

hat did they think they are? When their favorites die, they didn't even care, because they knew that the next year again and again tributes would be. 74 years children died ,1697 Children died.

And no one cared. Even the children who became victors didn't even care anymore, I thought. But I had heard of the stories. That the victors were chased by nightmares. Would I still care when I got back home? I knew that I could kill someone when I needed to. I was trained for it. I was born to kill.

'KATNISS!!!PEETA!!'The crowd started screaming. They just drove in. I looked behind me. Flames. They wore flames. How?

'Are they real? Cato asked.

'I don't know, they look pretty real to me.'

'They are getting all the attention!' Cato yelled almost. His head was almost read of anger. I never really seemed him like this. He was getting crazy. He was like...a beast. That's what the games do to you. My head whispered. 'They are from District 12, Cato. They will die as soon as the games begin. They don't know how to fight.'