Chapter 3

Cato and clove

Forever Stay With me-Chapter 3

When I woke up I knew exactly which day it was. It was the day of the reaping. Today is the day that I will try to win the hunger games, for my brother. I stepped out my bed and I pulled my reaping-clothes on. The clothes were once from my mother. It was old, blue and beautiful. Even thought it was old it still looked good. I smelled to the fabric and I remembered the smell of my mother.

When I was ready to go I went immediately to the hospital were my brother was.

I saw that Travis still was sleeping. I shook him awake. ‘Wake up, sleepy head!’ His eyes opened slowly. ’Clove…?’He asked sleepy. I handed him his reaping clothes. When he heard the word ‘Reaping’. I saw fear in his eyes. The eyes that were sleepy a minute ago are alive now. ’Easy’ I said.

‘There are enough volunteers in District 2. They aren’t going to pick you. ‘          I knew that Cato wasn’t going to volunteer, but there are still other volunteers. Right?       

He putted his clothes on.

‘Aren’t you scared? He asked while he knotted his shirt .’To go to the arena?’

I looked to his brown eyes who were focused on his shirt ‘I don’t know. I never really tried to think about it’ I answered after truth. He nodded. ‘Let’s go!’ I said , while I thought about the ways how I could get killed.

We walked to the justice building ,slowly. We didn’t want to remember the fact that I was going to volunteer. His words had hit us both. What if I get killed? And I never came back home? What would Travis do? Live with my dad for the rest of his live? No, I couldn’t let that happen. I will win the hunger games! But every step I made, I stepped closer to my certain death.

My thoughts stopped when I saw Cato walked to us. One more time I said to myself: I will come back.

‘Hey clove! And Travis!’ He looked at me.

‘Are you going to volunteer?’ I asked .He shook his head and grinned with his boyish smile. ‘They can’t compel me. I guess, The one who will get reaped will go to the hunger games.’

I was kind of happy, because I knew that I wouldn’t have to kill him in the arena. Strange exactly that I wanted to kill him a few days ago and now I even couldn’t stand the idea of him get killed. Travis took my hand when we came closer to the justice building. He breathed scared when we waited in the crowd to register us. ‘After you have registered you go immediately to the 12-years old boys stage, I’m with the 16 years old girls, Okay?! He nodded. His dark hair blink into the sun. ‘And after I volunteered, go then immediately to Cato.

‘He can stay in my house until you are back’ Cato said. I nodded thankful.

After they took Travis’ blood, he started to walk in the direction of the 12 years. I even didn’t feel the stinginto my skin. I went to the group of my age who all looked to me in fear. They knew that I was going to volunteer and that I would come back. I looked vicious to him and glared to them. I threw weapons since I reached the age of 7 and I was the best of whole my district.

‘Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!’Claudisa started with her speech’  Time has come to select one courageous young man and woman for the honour of representing District 2 in the seventy-fourth annual Hunger Games. But first we have a special video from the capitol!’

The video started playing. It was the same video since….ever.

War, terrible war. Widows, orphans, a motherless child. This was the uprising that rocked our land. Thirteen districts rebelled against the country that fed them, loved them, protected them. Brother turned on brother until nothing remained. And then came the peace, hard fought, sorely won. The people rose up from the ashes and a new era was born. But freedom has a cost and the traitors were defeated. We swore as a nation we would never know this treason again. And so it was decreed, that each year, the various districts of Panem would offer up in tribute, one young man and woman, to fight to the death in a pageant of honor, courage and sacrifice. The lone victor bathed in riches, would serve as a reminder of our generosity and our forgiveness. This is how we remember our past. This is how we safeguard our future.

They told about the revolution , district 13 and why they made the capitol. The video ended and the screen turned black.

‘Let’s start!!As usually, Ladies first!’ Claudisa continued.

Before she even could call out the name of who she had pick of the bowl.

‘I volunteer as tribute!’ I yelled out loud.

She looked into the crowd where she had here my voice when she saw me she yelled happy: ‘Well, come up, dear!’. I walked to the stage, no fear I couldn’t have fear now. When I was on the stage I thought of the proud I would bring when I would be back home. ‘What’s your name?’

‘Clove’ I said’ Clove Kentwall’

‘Then for the boys!’ She walked to the bowl of the boys. One name of more than thousands names would be pick. Claudisa pulled slowly a name.

In 2 words my whole world turned into a hell.

‘Our male tribute to fight in the arena for the 74th hunger games: Travis Kentwall’

I stared at my little brother. His face turned pale. My breath stocked  I heared the words again what Cato said before the reaping:

‘The one who will get reaped will go to the hunger games.’

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this one was short but the other will be much longer. I promise!!!!Please comment it would means the world to me

xxxx