Chapter 23

Cato and Clove

(BE PREPARED FOR THE END

And _Clovely_ and someone else voted so they get a dedication, but who was the other person? Please comment, you'll get your dedication )

Chapter 23

I woke up because someone was shaking my arm. ‘’Clove?’’ a male voice said. I opened my eyes and saw Henry before me.

‘’She’s awake, guys’’ he said to the others.

‘’How long did I sleep?’’ I asked sleepy.

‘’10 hours, sleeping beauty’’

‘’Whaaat?’’ I exclaimed.

‘’You had a lot of venom in your blood’’ Cato said.

‘’We need to go now.’’ Marvel said swift, pointing at the grey smoke that came from the woods a few miles farther.

A tribute. Who just extinguished his fire? What meant he or she was close.

I took as fast as I could my longest knife and we started running.

Henry hesitated. ‘’What about me?’’ he said.

‘’You stay here.’’ I said. ‘’You need to protect the supplies.’’

“But they are protected!”

I glared at him. And he didn’t said anything , he just went back to the supplies.

-

After a half-hour we reached the place where the smoke had come from, but there was no one there, only a few leaves and branches who were burnt up.

‘’Where did he/she go?’’ Marvel asked. He was looking around. And Cato just stared with a puzzled look.

‘’Maybe it’s a trick?’’ I said carefully. It could. Why else would be there nowhere here?

Another grey smoke appeared in the sky.

‘’Cato….’’I said.

But he was already running.  ‘’We better just check it’’

I ran next to him and Marvel was a few steps behind us. We didn’t say anything to each other. We just ran.

We were farther from our supplies I realized before it was too late, the one who burnt this branched wanted us to lead us away from our supplies. But Henry protected it with his field, right?

Again, when we reached the fire there was no one there, only the burnt branches and leaves.

Cato started swearing but he got cut off by an explosion.

BOOOOOOOOOOOMM.

It sounded through the whole arena, even here we could hear it loud.

We sprinted back to the supplies in only 5 minutes we reached it.

There was one big mess and our supplies where everywhere.

There were weapons, all broken.

Sleeping bags torn apart.

And all the food was exploded. I looked if there was still something left but the smoke only grew bigger when I came closer and I was sure that everything was gone.

Cato his face turned red, like it always did when he was angry. He caught side of Henry and ran toward him, it was more sprinting.

I heard him scream against him I couldn’t hear the words. I looked around again, to see if there was something to save and suddenly there was a canon fired.