fifteen

march 19, 2022

hyunjin was sitting at his table, eating a bowl of ice cream. chocolate mint, to be specific. hyunjin loved that flavor. but despite him eating a delicious ice cream flavor, hyunjin was bummed. he had waken up to a text from jeongin telling him not to visit the younger's house until tomorrow, making the elder feel shut out. however, he remembered that jeongin had a "plan", so the elder tried to remain calm.

hyunjin spent the first half of his day scrolling through tiktoks, the boredom getting the best of him. after a while, he checked the time. 12:00. sighing to himself, the boy decided to cook himself a lunch.

30 minutes later, hyunjin found himself sitting at his table again, this time with a fresh bowl of 김치볶음밥. smiling proudly to himself for cooking a meal for the first time in ages, he sat down and began to eat.

time passed by slowly; hyunjin had no idea what to do, trying to fix things around his house, tidying up the bathroom, doing anything he could to kill time. he knew that he was turning 22 the next day, so he wanted to make his flat as pleasing as possible.

a while later, the boy checked the time, seeing 21:08. deciding he had done enough for the day, he plopped down onto his bed, feeling exhausted but thoroughly pleased with himself.

as the boy lay down there, he became immersed in his thoughts. ever since he had moved in with chan, he almost always forgot it was his birthday until the elder mentioned it. chan would try his best to make life more fun for the younger, but hyunjin seemed to never be interested with anything to do with himself.

however, even if chan was there to celebrate, now jeongin was in hyunjin's life. he knew innie would be celebrating his birthday with him, but he had such low expectations for what the younger had planned; he didn't think he was going to get anything special. he's probably just busy baking to restock the pastry section in the shop for tomorrow, he thought, pitying himself.

after wallowing in his thoughts for a while, he decided to finally go to sleep. however, as he slowly drifted off, he was awoken by a buzz on his phone. the boy eagerly picked it up, seeing a message he didn't expect to see.

notifications
____________________________________
innie ♥︎
meet me at my house tomorrow by 8. xoxo ur bf <3
____________________________________

hyunjin's heart started beating faster. he knew he was grinning like an idiot in the dark, but he didn't care. he barely dared to believe his innie would've planned something for him, but he was still hopeful. smiling to himself, he slowly closed his eyes...

hi readers! this chapter was mostly a filler, although i didn't want the day before hyunjin's birthday to be completely skipped over. i hope it wasn't too boring (i tried to include just a little more history for hyunjin's character). enjoy the rest of the story!

- author

463 words