31

"achoo!!" Taehyung scrunched his face as soon as Jeongguk sneezed on his face when he was going to give him a peck.

 "Koo-" "ACHOO!" Jeongguk sneezed again on his face but a little harder this time. Taehyung just closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He leaned down towards the nightstand and picked a wet tissue to wipe his face. "Hmm, effects of having too much ice cream," Taehyung mumbled as he wiped his face. 

Taehyung woke up to see a puffy-faced Jeongguk who was already awake, playing by himself as he bit on his paw on the bed beside Taehyung. Taehyung couldn't help but coo at how cute the younger looked with pink puffy cheeks, pink lips and his big doe eyes. He hovered above the younger and was about to give him a peck but to his dismay, He was attacked by 2 strong sneezes on his face. 

"I'm never letting you have ice cream again." Taehyung pouted before he gave the younger a tight smooch on his lips. "But nevertheless, Do you know how cute my baby looks?" Taehyung spoke as he bopped their noses together. He nuzzled his face into younger's cheek, who kept squirming around in his hold. 

"Is baby sick?" Taehyung frowned when found the younger hot and burning. He leaned down again to grab the thermometer from the drawer. He shook it a little before he place the object under the younger's tongue and laid back beside the younger before bringing him closer. He let stay there until it beeped loud which made the younger flinch. "It's ok, I'm here. It's just the thermometer." Taehyung soothed as he rubbed the younger's back while he checked the temperature. 

"38.3C! No wonder you have a puffy pink face." Taehyung exclaimed. He brought the younger closer to him, who immediately snuggled. The elder completely swaddled the younger with the duvet. " You are on the borderline, baby. You are not getting out of bed until the fever reduces." Taehyung noted though he knew Jeongguk wouldn't respond. He jumped off the bed and pushed his blue hair back. 

When Jeongguk noticed that Taehyung was ready to leave the room, his lips began to wobble as his eyes began to tear up. He tried to unswaddle himself but failed due to a loss of strength. Taehyung sighed when he looked at the now sobbing little. He walked to the little one and pecked his forehead. "I'll be back, baby. I'll make you hot soup." Taehyung softly spoke as he caressed younger's cheeks who was still sobbing, trying to get his way out of the duvet. Taehyung looked at him for a while and sighed softly. Making Jeongguk cry is the last thing he wanted right now. 

"Alright. Just a sec." Taehyung walked into the closet and brought out a thick hoodie and thick socks. He walked back and unswaddled the little one, who immediately tried to reach for taehyung and made grabby hands. "Wear this and I'll carry you." Taehyung wiped younger's face and hands with a wet tissue. He changed his diaper to a new one but he frowned when the diaper was heavier than usual for a few days now. He wore the hoodie and thick socks on the younger and covered his head with the hood, trying to eliminate the cold air getting into his ears.

 "c'mon, let's go!"  He tried to cheer up and picked the younger, who immediately clung onto Taehyung by wrapping his legs and arms around his waist and neck and snuggling his face into the crook of the elder's neck. Taehyung held him tightly and walked into the living room to pick his pacifier up. He then trudged into the kitchen before washing it a little and popping it into younger's mouth. 

He sat the younger down on the counter beside who whined at the loss of contact. " Few minutes, baby. I'll make you porridge and warm milk and then we will cuddle all day." He said and assured him with a small peck on his both cheeks. He boiled the rice in a great deal of water with a few pinches of salt until it turned like a pudding-like consistency. He warmed the milk in another pot before transferring it into a sippy cup.