Floor 5 - Chapter 2 - Remember, Remember

December 27th, 2022 - Floor 5, Karluin Teleport Gate

The trio reached the rendezvous point with the other group, and discovered a fairly important piece of information - their allies were late, and they were currently very bored. As it turned out, Jet had an absurdly short attention span when waiting for things... whilst Koharu and Phillia were chatting about things, Jet was currently playing a rudimentary game of football with a brick, and currently putting Aston Villa to shame.

''Argo sure is late, isn't she? I've sent them a message, but I think they're in a dungeon, so they haven't got it.''

''We should probably stay put, I think. Besides, I'm doing well. 11-nil to me, the defence is non-existent.'' - Jet had decided that now was half time... and not that he was, in fact, completely bored.

''So, you really decided to date him... I'm not sure which of you is the more insane!''

''He's cute... in a weird, dorky way. Either that, or I've developed Stockholm Syndrome and latched onto the first person to show me any kindness in this world of insanity.'' - Koharu seemed remarkably nonplussed about her response, and the fact she'd inadvertently revealed some very personal details to Phillia. Phillia just looked somewhat concerned for Koharu's mental health, and made a note not to pry any further.

''Both of you it is, then. Anyway, maybe we should stay close to the teleporter, avoid drawing any aggro from the monsters.'' - The trio headed back towards the teleport gate, just in time to have to dodge an incoming blade strike...

''Crap! Where the hell did that come from!?'' - Jet leapt back to put some distance between them and the attacker.

''Koharu, you okay!?''

''Yeah, just fine... Jet!''

''Yup, I got it!'' - Jet threw himself into a roll, as the blade skimmed him with only millimetres to spare...

''Rrgh, (snarls), you've got good reflexes... for a human, that is.''

''Urgh, you lot again!''

''Why did you attack us...''

''I am in pursuit of a thief.'' - The blade was pointed towards Koharu - ''Hand back the Evening Star Ring now!''

''Guess we're fighting him then... plan of attack?''

''I've got a plan - attack.'' - Jet lunged towards the Commander, his blade scraping at the elf, but not really doing much damage. Luckily, that wasn't his intention, as Caliburn had one convenient advantage - it held a debuff effect to an enemy's agility. Not for long, and not by much, only really about 5%, but in the heat of battle... five percent was a great deal. The feint set up Koharu to come in with a rapier skill, Rage Spike, and whittle away the Commander's health, as the trio continued to swap into the role of striker, whilst the other two fell back on defence.

Minutes passed by, and the Fallen Elf Commander was finally beaten, beginning to fade in and out of existence after their defeat...

''We have heard of humans who murdered our brethren. You are strong... but you are naïve...'' - The Commander continued to fade, but not disappear, much to the confusion of the trio. ''His gauge is depleted... how is he still standing!?''

''The grudge that this land bears is giving us strength. You too will bleed onto these rocks...'' - The Commander held a ready stance, as the trio prepared for round two...

''Not bloody likely, mate.'' - Jet muttered, sword drawn, as a familiar voice shouted to the trio...

''Jet! Your turn to attack!'' - A purple blur struck the fading Commander, and forced him onto the back foot.