Floor 20 - Chapter 3 - Consciences & Conspiracies

That time had changed the dynamic of the fight, as Rain and Liten rushed in, only for Liten to take a serious hit, damaging her armour, whilst Rain clashed with the mace user, spitting Russian curses at him, as she held him off solo. That situation could only last for so long, and the now solo combatant that she now was, would be outmatched before too long if things continued to go downhill...

''You'll pay for that. I will make you pay for that!'' She spat, her swords barely holding the mace away from her...

''It's cute, she actually thinks she has a chance to fight us.'' A fifth figure emerged from the shadows. A familiar voice accompanying it, and the chain mail hood identifying them positively... Morte. The incendiary member of the guilds back on the third floor, the bastard who'd murdered a child in front of them for no reason, and one who'd nearly started a war. Rain reasoned that she probably shouldn't have been surprised about this, but the less rational side of her demanded his head... Had she not been fighting back that thirst for vengeance, she'd have launched her own attack on the apparent leader of the group.

''Johnny, patch him up. The boss wanted him alive, remember... or did that get lost in the expanse of your skull too?'' He walked over to Jet, and picked his face up out of the mud. ''Sorry about him, I really am. You just can't get the staff these days, can you?'' As he went to continue his monologue, a very large blade flew past his head...

''Get. Off. Him.'' An absolutely enraged Strea stood there, emanating an aura of anger and sadism. Enough so, that even she stood away from her, not knowing how messy this was about to get...

/-/

''Oh look, if it isn't... who are you again?'' Morte rolled his eyes, as Strea stared him down, a rage burning behind her eyes...

''You'd better hope your god's feeling particularly merciful today... because I'm not. You hurt my brother, and my friends. Prepare to die horribly, screaming for your gods...'' Koharu looked over to see the woman she'd started to see as a friend, if a bit of a strange one admittedly, stood there with a vicious smirk on her face. The smirk of someone with no restraints now...on most days, she'd have suggested Strea was running her mouth a little bit, to scare them off, but today... no. Stood in front of her wasn't a woman willing to stand down, and before a blade had even been swung, Morte had made his first mistake... he underestimated her.

''Whatever. Johnny, XaXa, kill her. She isn't necessary for the boss's plan.'' The murderer shrugged as if ordering an execution was nothing unusual to him.

The first attacker, Johnny, lunged towards her, a new dagger out. No doubt poisoned, given how easily he'd taken down the others. She used her blade to deflect every strike with relative ease, and waited as he began thrusting the dagger towards her. One thrust was badly overextended, and Strea capitalised on that. She grabbed her attacker's arm, pulling the dagger from his hand, and stabbing it through their arm - through flesh, muscle and bone, like a hot knife through butter.

Surprisingly, Johnny screamed in agony, before Strea spun him round, and threw him in and out, like some kind of demented yo-yo, taking out the two goons who'd rather stupidly tried to get involved. The second attacker, XaXa, attempted to charge her, but Strea pulled her new meat shield in front of her, and threw him forward, his ally's estoc going straight through him, earning yet another scream. Strea retrieved her brother's sword from the floor, and slammed it through the incredibly unfortunate would be assassins, impaling both, before removing it rapidly, before they were kicked out of the way, Strea's boot slamming into Johnny's lower spine, and inflicting a paralysis effect on him.

''Human kebab. Serves one right.'' She quipped, as XaXa pulled his injured ally off his sword, and dragged him out of the way. Morte looked back towards Strea, who was giving him a very unnerving smile. She'd have almost suggested it were a flirtatious smile, had it not been on the person who'd just nearly killed two of his allies...