Floor 5 - Chapter 4 - Resolutions

December 28th, 2022, 19:19pm - Floor 4, Border Lake Shore

''Are you okay back there?'' - Jet asked, fiddling with some furniture, as his partner was sat on a blanket behind him, blindfolded to avoid spoiling the surprise. He'd felt like a complete pervert when he'd asked her to put it on... despite the noble intentions, he hadn't made himself all that clear what was going on, and well... he quickly had to elaborate on what was going on, and save himself from being on the receiving end of a swift stabbing...

Anyway, that had been 2 hours ago, and Koharu was getting slightly bored now...

''You never said where we were going, and I'm currently blindfolded, so...'' - A voice inside Koharu's mind told her to just roll with it, even after her partner's earlier faux pas. After all, it wasn't like she hadn't had similar thoughts herself...-''NOPE! Be quiet!'' - She quickly shushed the voice in her head, before it said something to ruin her reputation. To alleviate the boredom, she decided to try and extrapolate where she was from the very few clues she'd gotten. Let's see... she could hear a sea breeze, so that meant she had to be somewhere near water, and she was currently sitting on a blanket, so... maybe some form of beach? She placed a hand onto the ground, and pulled up a handful of sand, the feeling of it against her hand being unmistakable.

''It'd ruin the surprise, so...'' - She could hear Jet rustling against something, and yelping in surprise, as she smelt something in the air - an unfamiliar scent, but quite a vinegar-y one at that.

''Are you okay?'' - She asked, unaware of Jet shaking his hand frantically, and mouthing every curse word in all three languages he knew...

''Yeah, just... a bit hot, that's all.'' - For reasons that can only be described as 'teenager', Koharu bit her tongue, and fought against making some form of comment after that. They'd only been dating 3 days after all, and as it turned out, both of them got flustered incredibly easily. Flirting whilst cooking was a recipe for disaster, after all. - ''Okay... you can take your blindfold off now.'' - Koharu fiddled with it momentarily, before realising she had no clue how to remove it. Fortunately for her, Jet had realised the stupidity of his past statement, and came over to remove it for her.

As the world came back into view, she looked out to her surroundings. Much to her surprise, the lake on Floor 4, where she'd suggested would be a romantic setting for a date, was the main sight that she could see. It was actually even more beautiful in the twilight, the setting sun producing a bright orange glow on the lake itself. ''Wow, it's... wow.''

''I've got to admit, it looks even nicer than I thought it would. That wasn't the main surprise though...'' - Jet held a hand out, and helped his partner up, as she saw the table set up in the sand, and looked towards him in surprise...

''Wait, was that why you blindfolded me?''

''Yeah, not because I was a pervert, thank you very much...'' - Koharu looked away slightly ashamed, as Jet started laughing - ''You know I'm joking, right? Easy enough mistake to make. I wasn't very clear, at all. Anyway, 'nuff about that'' - Jet swapped to a posh voice, and tried to put on his best impression as a waiter - ''Would milady like a seat?'' - Jet pulled the seat back, to let her sit down. She continued to watch out over the lake, the setting sun proving a mesmerising sight. Jet took the chance to materialise two bundles of newspaper, and handed one to Koharu, who looked at it slightly wearily...

''Hope you enjoy it, it's not much, but...''

''What is it?''

''Fish and chips. Figured out how to make it with the ingredients we have. Hopefully, it tastes like it does IRL...'' - The trepidation in Jet's voice was fairly obvious, and as such, he took the first bite of his...