PART 10

010; surrender

tw: abuse, blood, drug misuse, mentions of suicide.

a/n: reread the first three paragraphs of part one to jog your memory. you'll need it for this chapter <3

billie's pov

"i know you like her but there's other fish in the sea billie" finneas joked over the phone call, i kissed my teeth loud enough for him to hear then glance down at my phone in the passenger seat of my car.

"i don't want other fish finneas. i want her" i replied in a stern voice, i was way too pissed off for jokes right now. out of everyone in the world my brother should understand how i feel about kat. the day he met claudia she was the only person he spoke about for months. to be completely honest it was annoying.

"i thought we talked about this?" he said recalling our previous conversations about katherine. i had told him everything that ever happened between us, if i hadn't my head would've blown completely off. 

finneas helps me make decisions and how to handle bad situations much like this one. usually, i'd ask him for advice right now but then i'd have to explain what i was doing. which he'd most definitely not approve of.

"i love you but if you say another fucking metaphor i am going to murder you" i exclaimed shaking my head, i sensed him rolling his eyes at me right now. kat is a mess and the very last thing i needed was finneas cracking jokes every five seconds.

"alright sorry" he whined down the phone understanding that i was in a serious situation, "well do you know if she's okay? you said she's walking home while high" finneas asked. i licked my lips nervously thinking extremely hard how to answer that question without giving away anything.

"y-yeah" i dragged out in the most pathetic voice, "she's almost home" i add sounding very suspicious stepping my foot on the gas a little more, noticing i was quite far behind.

"okay goo- wait you're not texting and driving are you?" finneas questioned in a panicked voice, "no my phone is on the passenger seat like you told me to do. kat didn't text me" i elaborate and i hear him sighing in relief down the microphone.

"wait... how do you know she's close to home?" he queried. i could lie to absolutely everyone in the world apart from finneas so i thought if i simply stayed quiet means technically i wasn't lying, plus he wouldn't yell at me.

"eilish what the fuck are you doing?" claudia's sweet voice enters the call. assuming i was on speaker it gathered that she was all caught up on the situation as well, "oh- oh hey claudia i'm not doing nothing" i noticed my voice becoming high pitched the more i tried to lie.

"then why is your bitmoji in a car, on snapchat maps, and slowly moving down the same street your girlfriend lives on" claudia says sounding so smug as she caught me redhanded. i should really turn ghost mode on.

"uh- well" i paused to awkwardly clear my throat thinking of an escape, "she's not my girlfriend" i replied completely choosing to ignore everything else that claudia mentioned, i hear rustling noises and i assume that finneas had stolen the phone from her.

"billie. are you following her home?" my brother asked in a serious tone. i remained silent for a moment letting him calm down, i knew he was mad but he's convinced i'm the delusional one when he wrote a whole ass song for claudia ten hours after meeting her.