Chapter 5

You opened the gate to the apartments after school that day and was surprised to see Daniel had beaten your bus home. Upon hearing the gate open, he turned around from where he was standing by his apartment fixing something on his bike. 
He sighed and the first thing he said to you was, "I really wish I hadn't asked you to watch the soccer trials. Did you stay and watch them?"
"Yes, and I saw what happened between you and Tommy." You replied while smiling warmly to show your opinion of him hadn't changed.
"Oh." Daniel sounded a little embarrassed. He tried to lighten the mood, "I guess I took your advice of not letting idiots get in my way a little too literally."
You laughed as you made your way up the steps. Seeing you laugh made Daniel laugh along with you. He was relieved you weren't too bothered about witnessing a second fight of his.

"Should've kept my mouth shut." You chuckled, "But are you okay? I'm sorry it didn't work out."
"Nah, it's good advice." Daniel replied, "Besides I wouldn't have wanted to be on a team with that guy anyway." 
"No, that's understandable." You agreed.

At that moment the gate opened. You turned to look. It was Freddy. You rolled your eyes and scoffed, before turning back to face Daniel.
"I'm so done with him." You whispered, "You can consider our friendship over."
"Well that's good to know." Daniel joked, chuckling slightly, "I would never have guessed."
"Can I get past please? You're blocking the stairs." Freddy moaned. You slowly made your way to the top of the stairs and stepped aside.
"With pleasure, Mr Fernandez." You mocked, bowing like a butler. Daniel had to stop himself from laughing. The two of you were silent until Freddy had closed the door to his apartment and you burst out laughing.

"That was great." Daniel laughed, "You're funny."
You beamed. Whenever a guy noticed your sense of humour it made you so happy.
"Well I got some homework to do, so I'll see you tomorrow then?" You smiled.
He returned a smile, "Sounds great to me." Holy shit that was attractive, you thought to yourself. It was the way he said it. This guy has got me, I'm completely caught up, you thought as you made your way around the corner and began to beam profusely. Was it flirting, or was it just Daniel being Daniel? Well, whatever it was, you didn't stop thinking about that conversation for the rest of the night.