Chapter 19

So, the big moment.  You were shocked to find out that Daniel's sensei was the maintenance man from your apartments, Mr Miyagi. You had no idea he knew karate. He was taking Daniel, while you were going in Mrs LaRusso's car with Maddy and Lou. 

You arrived at the tournament arena and found some seats on the front row. 
"Are you okay?" Lou asked you, after noticing you biting your nails; something you only did when you were nervous.
"I'm nervous for him." You sighed, "Johnny Lawrence and the Cobras just gave me a dirty look."
"Come on, have a little faith. If I do, then you've gotta." Lou nudged you. You looked and gave her a smile. She pulled you into a hug, "Daniel will be fine, I just know it."
"Well you've never been wrong about him," You sat up, "So I'm gonna take your advice this time."
"You better, here he comes."

The two of you looked over and saw Daniel heading towards you.
"Hey," You stood up and kissed him on the cheek, "How are you feeling?"
"Nervous," He sighed, "Since I've got a few people to impress." He smirked at you.
"Hey," You stepped forward and tightly hugged him, "You're gonna do amazing. We don't need impressing. You've made your impression. You kicked a gate in my face the first time we met."
"Thank you." Daniel laughed as you pulled out of the hug.
"I've got faith in you Daniel." Lou smiled.
"Me too." Maddy added.
"Whatever happens, I'll be so proud of you." Mrs LaRusso got up and pulled a reluctant Daniel into a hug.
"Ma... please..." He cringed as you, Lou and Maddy chuckled. He managed to break free, and at that moment he was called to his first fight.

"Listen, I gotta go..." He smiled to all of you.
"Good luck!" The four of you cheered in unison. You all watched as he took his place on a mat. His opponent was from a team you didn't know. He was kneeling down and facing with his back to Daniel.
"Why's he kneeling down like that?" Maddy asked you.
"I don't know." You replied.

The two faced each other and bowed to the referee, then to each other. The referee started the fight. You all sat up eagerly. Daniel's opponent ran forward and kicked so Daniel ran backwards off the mat. 
"Come on Daniel, be tough!" You encouraged as he stepped back on the mat. The fight started again, and Daniel lost all confidence in himself again and was driven off the mat. Mr Miyagi stepped in and led him back onto the mat.
"Daniel-san," He began, "Remember you defence, points come. Concentrate, focus, power. Remember balance make good fight." 
"Warning," The referee pointed at Daniel, "For running out of the ring once more will cost you a point."
"Hey, you got this Danny!" Lou shouted.

The fight started once more. His opponent ran for him. Daniel swung out his leg, sending his opponent to the floor. There came a cheer from all four of you and the people behind you as you started clapping. 
"Go Daniel!" Maddy cheered.
"That's one down! You can do this!" You added. He turned and gave you a smile. You continued clapping in awe.