Chapter 17

"I'm kinda getting nervous about this tournament tomorrow." Daniel said to you as the two of you walked the way to your apartment, his arm around your shoulders.
"Hey, don't be nervous. You're gonna be fine." You reassured him with a smile, "But if you can't sleep because of the nerves, you know where I'll be."
"This really has been the best birthday." He smiled. You stopped to face him.
"Oh Daniel, I'm so glad you've had a great day." You began taking him by the hands, "I just feel bad that I didn't get you a present."
"Hey, what did I tell you?" He smiled, moving closer to you. He took you by the waist, leaned in and kissed you.

"Try and get some sleep." You smiled and let go, "Big day tomorrow." Daniel shrugged and looked down at the ground.
"Hey, you're gonna do great." You reassured him. He looked up and smiled at you.
"Goodnight, y/n." 
"Goodnight, Daniel."

You gave him a kiss on the cheek and unlocked your front door. You closed it slowly behind you and sighed, only to gasp when you turned around and saw Maddy standing there in the darkness with her arms folded.
"What the hell?" You whispered, "You nearly gave me a heart attack!"
"So you got with the guy who hit you with the gate?" Maddy raised an eyebrow. You couldn't believe her.

"I swear to God, Maddy - stop spying on me all the goddamn time!" You exclaimed, still trying to stay as quiet as possible. Your parents were presumably in bed.
"He must've hit you with that gate pretty hard. Why would you go out with someone who knocked a gate into you?" Maddy asked, her arms still folded.
"Oh get over it, Maddy." You sighed, "You're 9, and I'm 15. I think I know more about love than you do."
"Well if a boy ever kicked a gate in my face I'd hate him forever." Maddy explained in her typical childish tone. You rolled your eyes.
"If you mention that gate one more time, I'll take you out there and kick it in your face." You snapped, before making your way down the hall to your room, "Come on Inspector Madison, go to bed. Your mission is complete." 

"What if I report this to headquarters?" Maddy added after a while - headquarters meaning your parents.
"If you do I'll take you to this karate tournament Daniel's in tomorrow and put you up against Johnny Lawrence." You turned and pointed your finger at her.
"They're gonna find out at some point." Maddy folded her arms again.
"Yes, but not from you. Go to bed." You groaned, before shutting your door and allowing yourself to 'celebrate'.

"I'm Daniel LaRusso's girlfriend!" You cheered as quietly as possible, and fell onto your bed, smiling uncontrollably.