Chapter 10

It was one day at school just a few days after the Halloween dance. You were slowly making your way to next period with Lou. You hadn't told Lou everything that had happened between you and Daniel until then.
"Hold on," Lou began, "You had your head rested on his shoulder inside that shower and he had his arms around you? And then you almost kissed outside his apartment?"
"I mean that's what I thought we were doing." You shrugged.
"Then for God's sake tell him you like him!" Lou cried.
"Shush, Lou!" You whispered, "You know I haven't got the nerve. He's gonna have to ask me; I couldn't handle a rejection if I asked."
"Well in the mean time, Saturday night did you wanna come to golf n' stuff with Holly and I?" Lou offered, "She's staying for the weekend so maybe you could come and stay too."
"Are you sure? I'd love that." You replied. 
"Cool, I'll let Holly know at lunch." 

The two of you turned a corner to see Daniel and Ali. Lou started to walk a little slower to listen to their conversation.
"What am I gonna do, moan and groan?" Daniel said to Ali.
"Anybody else would." She replied.
"Yeah, who would listen anyway?"
"Me." The two of them stopped.
"Oh really?" Daniel paused, "You feel like listening on Saturday night then?"

Everything else that was said you blocked out from then onwards. You felt a little sick. Ever since that night after the dance you and Daniel had really been getting along. He was one of your best friends. Although you wanted to be a little more than friends. It was clear this thing you had for Daniel was now a crush. But now he'd just gone and asked another girl out. What was worse that this was the second time she'd done something similar to this to you before.

"Come on, y/n, let's go." Lou beckoned.
"She'll probably take him to golf n' stuff. That's what she did with Johnny." You began, "I'm sorry I'm not going there Saturday."
"Don't worry, we'll find somewhere else. Come on." Lou took you underneath the arm as the bell rang. 

You saw Johnny and his gang approaching Daniel after Ali left. At that moment Daniel looked over and saw you. You looked over at Johnny's group, then and Daniel, thought about defending him, but ended up continuing on your way with Lou still taking you by the arm.